GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"stop complaining about rubbish topics!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
Here's what Nights said in another thread:

NiGHTS! wrote:
> I would just like to point out, Future of gaming (chat) does not
> mean idle chit-chat. It means chat about the future of gaming... and
> no more.

We have already had numerous complaints from the web
> master about FOG being misused. This now means that now newbies can
> post FOG prime topics (I think?).

I totally agree with everything he said in there. We are ment to talk about the 'Future of Gaming' not 'Who's here?' or 'Life on other planets'

There is a general life forum for anything else.

There isn't a forum however for gaming of the past. There used to be and it was very popular, but it myteriously disappeared when the forums were updated ages ago.

So why does the webmaster complain? Why do any of us complain when we see topics about other stuff in FOG forums?

First of all: Wasn't UKDiscussions renamed to UKchatforums? Maybe that would account for a lot of newbies coming here to CHAT!

Secondly, there are two forums for the FOG. Now if everyone stuck to the rules then there would only be need for one! And why call one 'FOG (chat)'? Doesn't that make out that forum to be for CHATting?

Thirdly, as I have said earlier, there aren't enough forums for all aspects of gaming! Maybe if 'FOG (chat)' was renamed to 'Gaming in General' then it wouldn't be so bad. And if we had a 'HOG' forum, or 'History of Gaming' then people could talk about retro games!

So, unless changes like the ones are made, webmaster shouldn't complain!

Most people now are sticking to the rules, so don't think I'm having a go at people, but I'm sure it can be a bit confusing when you go into a 'chat' forum but are told not to chat!
Tue 24/07/01 at 13:04
Regular
"not dead"
Um "Game Ideas and Retro Games"

The forum in which you can post about old or 'retro' games is still alive.
Mon 23/07/01 at 19:15
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:

So stop whinging you pathetic girl. You take
> hese forums WAY too seriously Edgy and it's seriously worrying.

You go ahead and worry then! I just think it's pathetic that even though UKdiscussions has been renamed to UKchatforums, people complain that topics which are in FOG Prime are not to do with FOG!

UKdiscussions was a much better name for the boards, because it sounded more professional unlike 'chatforumns' which sounds like a name quickly thrown together for the sake of it.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:26
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> BUT THIS FORUM IS FOR JUST CHATTING!!'t you seen the direct link on
> the Forums list page?

OR GO DIRECTLY TO CHAT

Tony has said
> numerous times that this is just a chat forum, it's not a FOG chat
> forum. Webby was complaining (and Tony) about Fog Prime being
> abused, not Chat.

So stop whinging you pathetic girl. You take
> hese forums WAY too seriously Edgy and it's seriously worrying.

I think that it is a good idea that this room should be for general chating then, it means that it will have more users cos most people with net access like to chat over the net. As long as general chating isn't against the FOG (chat) rules then i am always happy to join in, i think it makes the forums a more exciting place to be.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
For an easy start: Go Straight To The Chat.

That is what it says at ukchatforums.com

It doesn't say go directly to Fog Chat, it says go directly to CHAT.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
BUT THIS FORUM IS FOR JUST CHATTING!!'t you seen the direct link on the Forums list page?

OR GO DIRECTLY TO CHAT

Tony has said numerous times that this is just a chat forum, it's not a FOG chat forum. Webby was complaining (and Tony) about Fog Prime being abused, not Chat.

So stop whinging you pathetic girl. You take hese forums WAY too seriously Edgy and it's seriously worrying.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:17
Edgy wrote:

Most people now are sticking to the
> rules, so don't think I'm having a go at people, but I'm sure it can
> be a bit confusing when you go into a 'chat' forum but are told not
> to chat!

I totally agree with what you said here, the word chat really does make people think that the room is just for gereal chating. To a certain extent i think that general chating helps to liven up the forum but sometimes it can tend to get out of hand.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:14
Regular
"It's Only Me"
I'm a newbie here & I didn't realise that this forum was exclusivley for games. When I saw the chat aspect I assumed anything (within reason) goes.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
Here's what Nights said in another thread:

NiGHTS! wrote:
> I would just like to point out, Future of gaming (chat) does not
> mean idle chit-chat. It means chat about the future of gaming... and
> no more.

We have already had numerous complaints from the web
> master about FOG being misused. This now means that now newbies can
> post FOG prime topics (I think?).

I totally agree with everything he said in there. We are ment to talk about the 'Future of Gaming' not 'Who's here?' or 'Life on other planets'

There is a general life forum for anything else.

There isn't a forum however for gaming of the past. There used to be and it was very popular, but it myteriously disappeared when the forums were updated ages ago.

So why does the webmaster complain? Why do any of us complain when we see topics about other stuff in FOG forums?

First of all: Wasn't UKDiscussions renamed to UKchatforums? Maybe that would account for a lot of newbies coming here to CHAT!

Secondly, there are two forums for the FOG. Now if everyone stuck to the rules then there would only be need for one! And why call one 'FOG (chat)'? Doesn't that make out that forum to be for CHATting?

Thirdly, as I have said earlier, there aren't enough forums for all aspects of gaming! Maybe if 'FOG (chat)' was renamed to 'Gaming in General' then it wouldn't be so bad. And if we had a 'HOG' forum, or 'History of Gaming' then people could talk about retro games!

So, unless changes like the ones are made, webmaster shouldn't complain!

Most people now are sticking to the rules, so don't think I'm having a go at people, but I'm sure it can be a bit confusing when you go into a 'chat' forum but are told not to chat!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.