GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what do you rekon will be a better game Getaway 2 or Gta sanandreas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/04/04 at 18:21
Regular
"virturalchatcity.tk"
I can't wait for Getaway 2 and gta sanandreas to come out but i don't know which one to get can someone help me decide on which one to buy
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:48
Regular
I remember getting the demo on PS1. Just ten minutes long but my brother and I would play it excessively. A superb game like nothing that had come before it.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Does anyone still play the PS1 GTA games? I still have them and I recently started playing them again, they're brilliant. Worth picking up even now.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:38
Regular
I'm think San Andreas at this point, considering how disappointing The Getaway was.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think that I'll more than likely get both eventually, as G2 does look as if it'll be good. I guess we can't really say much about San Andreas because we know virtualy nothing about it, but going by the past GTA games it should be good.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:17
Regular
"None Stored"
You can't really compare 2 unreleased games. And since their prequels (Vice City and The Getaway) are so different, there isn't really any point in trying.

But for the purpose of agrument, San Andreas will be much, much better than The Getaway 2.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:04
Regular
also the fire from half-life 2 looks nice in it too, lol.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think it'll be a much closer competition between GTA and The Getaway this time round. The Getaway 2 looks like it'll be a really good gritty gangster/cop game, and from the screenshots I've seen it looks much much better than the god awful first game.

There may be another contender that you're forgetting though: Mercenaries. There's a huge city just like GTA, but every building is destructable and the damage remains throughout the entire game. You can steal/buy cars, weapons, helicopters, tanks etc.

You can also work for terrorists groups if you want, or on the other hand you can be the good guy, or alternatively you can play both sides against each other. Sounds like a brilliant game, and some real competition for GTA.
Sun 18/04/04 at 18:28
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I edited it, don't you see?

EDIT - Oh, you do see.
Sun 18/04/04 at 18:26
Regular
You mean Vice was better than The Getaway, right?

EDIT: Yes, I see you do.
Sun 18/04/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Well as GTA: Vice City was so much better than The Getaway then I would think that GTA: San Andreas will be better than the Getaway 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.