GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which streering wheel is good or the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 01:03
Regular
I'm looking to buy a steering wheel, but Im kinda confused about it
I dont want to spend that much money though around £30

At the moment I have GT3 and Burnout and looking forward for GT4 to come out,

I just wanted to know which steering wheels are the best and are they all compatible for all games (I would like them to be compatible to GT3 and Burnout and hopefully for GT4), or do you have to get the official GT3 one for it to work on GT3??

I was looking at the Ferrari 360 Modena one which is for £25, it looked quite good, would it be compatible for all games? anyone got it?
or the Logic 3 Top Gear or the Lotus Wheel? as they're both decently priced, or shouldnt I buy a cheap one,

any suggestions appreciated!!!

thanx
Tue 20/04/04 at 09:12
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Every driving game released since 2000 should be compatible with it - the only one that isn't is Destruction Derby Arenas.

But no game does FF as well as GT3, it completely changes the experience.

Be careful, make sure it's the Wingman Formula Force you look for - there used to be another Wingman wheel without feedback.
Tue 20/04/04 at 04:11
Regular
Force feedback sounds so cool then!!!!

are all games compatible to it? or only GT3, and will GT4 work??

I'll probably look around for the logitech FF one then,
Tue 20/04/04 at 00:54
Regular
Force Feedback isn't vibration.

Force feedback is a response from the wheel which simulates the way a car steering wheel would act in a real car.

So if you are going fast down a straight, it gets harder to turn, and if you hit a rock in the road which makes your wheels turn, the steering wheel will turn in that direction.
Mon 19/04/04 at 23:50
Regular
Im too bothered about the force feedback,

£35 sounds alright, I'll have a look where to get it from,

but are you 100% sure it works with the PS2 if its a PC wheel?

what about the Gamester lotus, thats for £40 at most places, looks nice though??

Im not too bothred about the vibration, just want the steering to be accurate and easy on a turn and on a straight, and one that works for nearly all games,

thanx
Mon 19/04/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Thanks for pointing me to that Darwock! I've been looking for just such a wheel. Around 35 quid is the cheapest I've seen, much cheaper than the PS2 specific equivalent.
Mon 19/04/04 at 16:11
Regular
I got the GT Force wheel bundled with GT3.

It kicks ass, wouldn't swap it for anything, works with my PC too, and it's amazing to be able to play a racing game with Force Feedback on the PS2.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:33
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It'll be a bit over your price but don't look for a PS2 wheel, get the Wingman Formula Force (Logitech). It's identical to the original GT Force PS2 wheel, but sold as a PC wheel (still works on PS2).

Cheapest FF wheel you can get, and the feedback is awesome. Nothing cheaper is worth it.
Mon 19/04/04 at 01:03
Regular
I'm looking to buy a steering wheel, but Im kinda confused about it
I dont want to spend that much money though around £30

At the moment I have GT3 and Burnout and looking forward for GT4 to come out,

I just wanted to know which steering wheels are the best and are they all compatible for all games (I would like them to be compatible to GT3 and Burnout and hopefully for GT4), or do you have to get the official GT3 one for it to work on GT3??

I was looking at the Ferrari 360 Modena one which is for £25, it looked quite good, would it be compatible for all games? anyone got it?
or the Logic 3 Top Gear or the Lotus Wheel? as they're both decently priced, or shouldnt I buy a cheap one,

any suggestions appreciated!!!

thanx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.