GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEW OR old ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 11:41
Regular
Ive had most of the old games consoles like super nes, megadrive, atari and played most games on them classics like street fighter and mario and pong ive spent much more time on these games getting much more excitement out of them. Even though these games are simple id much prefer to play streets of rage than the new graphically inhanced harry potter game anyone think im wrong new or old i definately prefer the megadrive to the ps2 or gamecube
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:41
Regular
Ive had most of the old games consoles like super nes, megadrive, atari and played most games on them classics like street fighter and mario and pong ive spent much more time on these games getting much more excitement out of them. Even though these games are simple id much prefer to play streets of rage than the new graphically inhanced harry potter game anyone think im wrong new or old i definately prefer the megadrive to the ps2 or gamecube
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:44
Regular
Depends how 'old-skool' you are. I wouldn't say I preferred the MD and SNES over this generation, but I still have love for them. These are the systems we grew up with - of course we're going to keep a special place for them in our hearts.
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
The Playstation 2 is the best console ever in my opinion, though I do remember the good old days of the Amstrad - however you spell that.
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:04
Regular
playstation 2 could never compare to the megadrive
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:37
Regular
I'd have to say the Playstation 2, though I've never even played on the Megadrive.
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Teal'c"
Do you suffer from short term memory loss?
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:23
Regular
Nope, still remember eating pizza at lunchtime.
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:00
Regular
I might have to say the N64 actually.
Tue 20/04/04 at 00:43
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> I'd have to say the Playstation 2, though I've never even played on
> the Megadrive.

Then how can you make a comparison?
Tue 20/04/04 at 07:05
Regular
I can see where you're coming from, the Megadrive was definitely a fun console and was admittedly my first serious one. But you all seem to be mentioning Playstation 2 when making comparisons. What about Gamecube, Xbox or even N64? Dreamcast anyone? These are all groundbreaking consoles that have all revolutionised the gaming industry in one way or another. You can't deny that. The Playstation 2 didn't really do anything outstanding and unique now, did it?

Peronally, I enjoyed the Megadrive more than the PS2, but it doesn't have a patch on the fun I've had with my DC, N64, GC or Xbox...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.