GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEW OR old ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 11:41
Regular
Ive had most of the old games consoles like super nes, megadrive, atari and played most games on them classics like street fighter and mario and pong ive spent much more time on these games getting much more excitement out of them. Even though these games are simple id much prefer to play streets of rage than the new graphically inhanced harry potter game anyone think im wrong new or old i definately prefer the megadrive to the ps2 or gamecube
Wed 21/04/04 at 19:46
Regular
"virturalchatcity.tk"
I prefer all the new consoles to the old ones.
Wed 21/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
I did only have 4 games for my MD. But they provided me much more fun than my thirteen ps2 games together. Old school Sonic kicks GTA's ass!
Wed 21/04/04 at 10:10
Regular
"and PC user"
Is this a case where everything is relative. I mean, in years to come people will be using the latest consoles like PlayStation5 or XBox 4, and PlayStation2, GC, and XBox could looked on by that generation as the better "classic" option, like some people look back now and say megadrive is better.
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Teal'c"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Can't see much beating the Playstation 2.

Why not? Are you blind?
Tue 20/04/04 at 13:28
Regular
But unless you try, you will never know.

Never make assumptions.
Tue 20/04/04 at 12:37
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Edgy wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> I'd have to say the Playstation 2, though I've never even played on
> the Megadrive.
>
> Then how can you make a comparison?

Can't see much beating the Playstation 2.
Tue 20/04/04 at 07:05
Regular
I can see where you're coming from, the Megadrive was definitely a fun console and was admittedly my first serious one. But you all seem to be mentioning Playstation 2 when making comparisons. What about Gamecube, Xbox or even N64? Dreamcast anyone? These are all groundbreaking consoles that have all revolutionised the gaming industry in one way or another. You can't deny that. The Playstation 2 didn't really do anything outstanding and unique now, did it?

Peronally, I enjoyed the Megadrive more than the PS2, but it doesn't have a patch on the fun I've had with my DC, N64, GC or Xbox...
Tue 20/04/04 at 00:43
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> I'd have to say the Playstation 2, though I've never even played on
> the Megadrive.

Then how can you make a comparison?
Mon 19/04/04 at 18:00
Regular
I might have to say the N64 actually.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:23
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Nope, still remember eating pizza at lunchtime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.