GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Dvd playing version"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 14:52
Regular
Shinbun reported today that Matsushita has announced the official price point and release date for its upcoming "Fusion" DVD-player / GameCube hybrid.

The system, which allows gamers to play DVD-movies and GameCube game software, will retail for approximately 40,000 yen, or just under $325 US dollars. Matsushita sources said that the company had originally planned to price the machine higher, but decided to drop the price in order to compete with sales of PlayStation 2, which retails currently for 35,000 yen, or $285 US dollars.

Matsushita will release the DVD-player / GameCube hybrid in Japan in "early November," reported the Japanese news source. Previously it was thought that the player would ship in September to coincide with the release of the base Nintendo GameCube hardware, but Matsushita insiders told the publication that the company needs more time to finalize production of its version.

A US release date for the device has been set for sometime between March 2002 and March 2003. No pricing specifics have been announced regarding the machine's North American release.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:58
I don't really care much for this DVD playing GC, I'm still buying the Ninty made one.
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
LMAO!
Sun 22/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Rendering Women."
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
> Have you seen the pictures of the Gamecube Dvd
> playing versin. Man
> doesn't it just look sweeeeeet!

No it
> doesn't, it looks like a minion of the anti-christ.

It's SOOO
> damn ugly!!!

And thats why it will do well in Japan!

:D
Sun 22/07/01 at 18:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Cooky wrote:
> Have you seen the pictures of the Gamecube Dvd playing versin. Man
> doesn't it just look sweeeeeet!

No it doesn't, it looks like a minion of the anti-christ.

It's SOOO damn ugly!!!
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Super Gohan, Panasonic is known as Matsushita in Japan!
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:11
Super Gohan wrote:
> I am sure that I read somewhere that Panasonic are bringing out a
> DVD/Gamecube system. I think it was Gamesmaster, but I can't remeber
> which issue. Sounded expensive though.

They showed the Panasonic Gamecube/DVD player at E3. It was silver- it looked alright but was quite big- and yes, very expensive...
Sun 22/07/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Have you seen the pictures of the Gamecube Dvd playing versin. Man doesn't it just look sweeeeeet!
I hope it comes out in England, even though i doubt it will, but here to hoping! :)

Cooky
Sun 22/07/01 at 16:51
I am sure that I read somewhere that Panasonic are bringing out a DVD/Gamecube system. I think it was Gamesmaster, but I can't remeber which issue. Sounded expensive though.
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
PARR! Man, you copied the WHOLE thing from igncube.com. Oh well, it's a Sunday - the day of laziness, so I'll forgive you! :)
Sun 22/07/01 at 14:52
Regular
"^_^"
Shinbun reported today that Matsushita has announced the official price point and release date for its upcoming "Fusion" DVD-player / GameCube hybrid.

The system, which allows gamers to play DVD-movies and GameCube game software, will retail for approximately 40,000 yen, or just under $325 US dollars. Matsushita sources said that the company had originally planned to price the machine higher, but decided to drop the price in order to compete with sales of PlayStation 2, which retails currently for 35,000 yen, or $285 US dollars.

Matsushita will release the DVD-player / GameCube hybrid in Japan in "early November," reported the Japanese news source. Previously it was thought that the player would ship in September to coincide with the release of the base Nintendo GameCube hardware, but Matsushita insiders told the publication that the company needs more time to finalize production of its version.

A US release date for the device has been set for sometime between March 2002 and March 2003. No pricing specifics have been announced regarding the machine's North American release.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.