GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And to think.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 20:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
..I once wanted it.

Disgraceful mess.

[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/breed/review.html[/URL]
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
No, you pay when they post the goods to you.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:01
Regular
Do you pay the full balance straight away with them then?

*Considers preordering some games*
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
That's why you need to pre-order. I pre-ordered Far Cry for £17.99, the price eventually went up but I wasn't charged the extra amount due to me ordering it weeks before. I currently have four more games on pre-order at Play, all for the same price.
Wed 21/04/04 at 17:23
Regular
UT2004 had a £17.99 price tag on it for the first week but now its gone up :(
Wed 21/04/04 at 16:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd actually enjoy reviewing Breed, for some reason I find it more enjoyable reviewing for a bad game than a good one. But I doubt I'll get the chance, Brat didn't send a review code to anyone, they just slipped the game on the shelf Daikatana style and I'm certainly not going to buy it no matter how cheap it is.

I hope Soldner doesn't suffer the same fate, I've seen it with an attractive £17.99 price tag on it, at the usual place of course.
Wed 21/04/04 at 16:42
Regular
I bought Breed on the day of release. The websites official FAQ's said it contained a co-op story mode so me and my mate both bought it to play over the net. When I installed the game there was no co-op so I sent an email to their support and they replied saying that they never promised a co-op mode and that it was just rumours on the message board.

Therefore I took the game back and swapped it for BF Vietnam.

I still have the game on my PC so if I ever want to play it again I can get a NO CD patch and I'm sorted.
Wed 21/04/04 at 12:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cyclone wrote:
> B) The stupid idea of 'radiation getting in your way', so you have to
> 'chuck nuts and bolts' at it. Stupid.

I think that's one of the games coolest features, and its not just radiation you have to look out for either. There are a series of anomalies that you have to be careful of, the worst of these being the Blow-out which causes huge devastation and forces you to react fast in order to avoid it.

These give an interaction with the world STALKER is set in, you don't just plod along from A to B, you have to observe and explore the land fully and interact with it, something many of today’s games lack. STALKER is more of an RPG than it is a shoot em up, so a more interactive approach to how you proceed be it from conversing from fellow Stalkers or finding your way through radiation heavy areas is for me a welcome addition.
Tue 20/04/04 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Only silly thing about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is;

A) The length of time it takes to write, and
B) The stupid idea of 'radiation getting in your way', so you have to 'chuck nuts and bolts' at it. Stupid.
Tue 20/04/04 at 11:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Breed: Was supposed to replace Halo when it went to X-Box; it got delayed countless times even though from the demo's you couldn't see what it was the developers where doing with all that time. Dull, bland and just plain ugly is best to describe it, and from forums I've been on, you can't even play multiplayer without aid from a patch.

And that's not the end of it either; the developers (the aptly named Brat design) are already working on a new game that looks strikingly like Breed. After this fiasco I won't be holding much hope that game will succeed where Breed failed.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl: I've been looking forward to this for some time, it is in fact one of my most anticipated releases of the year, more so than HL2. The graphics look amazing, the setting is completely unique and the game itself looks to be a much deeper experience than those that offer nothing but a quick blast. It's already been mentioned that the game will take 50 hours to complete, and you have freedom to move anywhere in the massive environments on offer.

Hopefully the game will exceed expectations, but there's still room for it to all go pear shaped which is why I wont rest easy until the first reviews are out. Official site here: [URL]http://www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html[/URL]

And to note, anyone who recently got UT2004 for £17.99 at that place that seems to be a favourite for buying DVDs, you can also pre-order STALKER for the same price, £18. Find of the century for me.
Tue 20/04/04 at 09:58
Regular
Woah.

That S.T.A.L.K.E.R game is looking f'ing amazing. I want it now!

But Breed, whby the hell did they decide to release it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.