GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What makes Zelda.......So Expensive!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 10:46
Regular
Zelda is a class games.Ne one who has just seen a screenshot or a demo will know that.It uses amazing detail and textures to make use of all the 64s power,but why the hell did it cost £50 when it first came out? It is proven the carts and plastic silicon chips inside cost only £2 for everything,and after they have sold over 10,000 games this doesnt even justify the cost of production of the game,and the game creatos wages.Basically we are getting ripped for games,everyone knows it but its annoying when you really want the latest game but have to fork out £50 for it.I but all my agmes second hand off of the net,and havent had ne probs so far so i advise you ppl to do that as well,or even hunt down bargins of new games from this site.Cheers for yer time
MrMatrix
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
MrMatrix wrote:
> It is proven the carts and plastic silicon chips
> inside cost only £2 for everything

Total rubbish. Was it "proven" in some sort of fantastical dream land?
Sun 22/07/01 at 23:16
Regular
i'm sure Zelda bought a lot of happiness to the people that played and completed it. I know i was completly wrapped in the ocarina of time. the game is easily worth £50. and besides, need to make huge profits so they compete in this huge market. U wouldnt want them to go the way of sega would you?
Sun 22/07/01 at 22:23
Regular
MrMatrix, you're starting to get a bit of a cheapskates reputation :-D

First trying to get someone to sell you a GBA for £15, a DC for £20 and now this.

If you must know, Nintendo spent an awful lot of time making it as good as it is. And anyway, if you didn't likle it at that price then you should have just waited a year for it to drop.
Sun 22/07/01 at 21:03
The cost of development time, I would reckon. Is that grammatically correct?
Sun 22/07/01 at 16:36
Regular
"Bah"
With PS2 games for £25 How can some websites justify charging £60 for Conkers BFD when others are charging £40,even £30 is £20 to much in my opinion
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:16
Its the shops as well. Even Special Reserve do it, by now you would think the most pricey Nintendo games should be £30. I pay the prices because there the best games.
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:45
Regular
Zelda managed to sell for so high because Nintendo knew people were willing to pay so much for the game as it was so popular on previous formats.

Although I do agree that anything more than £30 for any game is a ripoff!
Sun 22/07/01 at 10:46
Regular
"Bah"
Zelda is a class games.Ne one who has just seen a screenshot or a demo will know that.It uses amazing detail and textures to make use of all the 64s power,but why the hell did it cost £50 when it first came out? It is proven the carts and plastic silicon chips inside cost only £2 for everything,and after they have sold over 10,000 games this doesnt even justify the cost of production of the game,and the game creatos wages.Basically we are getting ripped for games,everyone knows it but its annoying when you really want the latest game but have to fork out £50 for it.I but all my agmes second hand off of the net,and havent had ne probs so far so i advise you ppl to do that as well,or even hunt down bargins of new games from this site.Cheers for yer time
MrMatrix

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.