GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 competition at PCWorld yesterday!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 10:33
Regular
Did anyone else take part or even know about the competition at PCWorld yesterday to win £3000? It was using the Nissan Skyline (not sure which exact model) on the Mountain Trial Circuit. It's really lame coz you only got two laps and the fastest of the two (obviously the 2nd) was the one recorded. The fastest laptime in the country get the dish. I managed a measly 1 minute 19 seconds. After a completely lame first lap (all the other cars kept blocking me), I had a clear road in the second and was doing really well until I got to that big S-bend and ended up going across the gravel pit!
How did everyone else do?
Tue 24/07/01 at 18:42
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
What is the fastest lap time you've all got on the Mountain Trial Circuit in a Nissan Skyline (or similar car)?
Tue 24/07/01 at 10:30
Regular
"Back For Good"
oh right, you know the A.I is just the cars going round in a herd in the easy mode but on the hard mode they wait for a opening to pass and everything.

has anyone mastered the hand brake turns?

i'm getting there.
Tue 24/07/01 at 10:13
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Umm, yes it WAS in every PCWorld, but it was only on the Saturday!
And ResiFan, the only other drivers on the track were the CPU drivers so it wouldn't have helped you win. Although it would give you a clear track for your second lap (which is crucial seeing as you only get 2 laps).
Tue 24/07/01 at 02:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tell me which Skyline it was and I'll do it myself.
Mon 23/07/01 at 18:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Does that competition take place in every single PC World in the country?If my local one does I will have to pay the visit. I wouldnt win but Id give them the run for their money
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:34
Regular
"Back For Good"
i would have won,
not because i'm a good driver but because i'd ram everyone else into the side hehe
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:32
"High polygon count"
I think most people were too busy playing GT3 yesterday to venture outside! You may well win!
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:10
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
HELLO?! Didn't anyone else go to that PCWorld comp?! OH well, maybe I'll win it then!
Sun 22/07/01 at 10:56
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I was working all day yesterday :(

Not that I am big headed but I would have won the instore competition as no-one ever goes in my local PC World and if they do they are not the sort of people to be any good a racing games, train sims are more their thing :D
Sun 22/07/01 at 10:33
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Did anyone else take part or even know about the competition at PCWorld yesterday to win £3000? It was using the Nissan Skyline (not sure which exact model) on the Mountain Trial Circuit. It's really lame coz you only got two laps and the fastest of the two (obviously the 2nd) was the one recorded. The fastest laptime in the country get the dish. I managed a measly 1 minute 19 seconds. After a completely lame first lap (all the other cars kept blocking me), I had a clear road in the second and was doing really well until I got to that big S-bend and ended up going across the gravel pit!
How did everyone else do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.