GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone have Operation Flashpoint"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 08:03
Regular
If you do please could you tell me what it is like as me and my Dad are thinking of getting it. I have watched the previews and reviews and Video clips they are all magnificent, Especially the Special reserve one (for a stream line could not be bothered downloading it). On game-network There review was brilliant, and it said that if you have a Digi cam you can take a photo of your self and upload it on to Paint Shop Pro change it to a more graphical concept and upload it onto Operation Flash point.

This may not be long thread for prime but it is 8:00 AM.
Plus i can remember Turbonutter saying that more people should come to Prime.
Mon 23/07/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
My mates got it and can't put it down so I'm also going to have to get it. And 25 quids not that much! :D
Mon 23/07/01 at 18:42
Regular
Khazar wrote:
> Quazimodo wrote:
> Time_Warp wrote:
> Well! Another
> brilliant PRIME topic by
> quazi.

I came to prime to get away
> from you

Actually quaz, TW posts more prime stuff than u. U waste
> evry1s time.

Lets do this quickly......
You do NOT want to talk to me........so DON'T
Mon 23/07/01 at 18:34
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Quazimodo wrote:
> Time_Warp wrote:
> Well! Another brilliant PRIME topic by
> quazi.

I came to prime to get away from you

Actually quaz, TW posts more prime stuff than u. U waste evry1s time.
Mon 23/07/01 at 18:21
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> Well! Another brilliant PRIME topic by quazi.

I came to prime to get away from you
Mon 23/07/01 at 09:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Operation Flashpoint.
I've done a review for it here, but here's the capsule:

Very, very good. Very, very hard. Very, very realistic (not sure about that, not been in the army myself).

Single player is awesome, one-off missions and campaign games if you want that - build a career.
Graphics initially throw you, a bit bland but that's because of MASSIVE maps. You can drive from one end to the other and it can take 20 minutes depending on which island you're on.

Multi-player isn't happening yet.
US version is out soon, then we get a patch and dedicated servers. Using Gamespy at the momeny, which is unreliable, shoddy and causes the game to crash, although there is a Codemaster forum with people that post IPs for direct games.

It's tough. Very tough, you WILL be replaying level after level.
But, my initial "This sucks, it's hard" has turned into "This rocks, it's hard" (oo-er).
You can get vehicles and use them, helicopters, tanks, jeeps, tractors, skodas. Anything you see, you can get in.

In summary:
Operation Flashpoint is one of the most original and playable "simulators" of soldiering.
Dont get it if you think it's going to be Unreal, it's not.

I would recommend this to serious gamers, it's gonna take you an age to complete.
Sun 22/07/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Quazimodo wrote:
> If you do please could you tell me what it is like as me and my Dad
> are thinking of getting it.

I think GoatBoy owns a copy?

Maybe you should try him?
Sun 22/07/01 at 19:39
Well! Another brilliant PRIME topic by quazi.
Sun 22/07/01 at 19:27
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I have, it is awesome graphics, great gameplay, I still aint completed it yet!

The map generator or mission generator is quite complicated and I am still figuring out how to do EVERYTHING! But if you want to get it get it now!!

I did an review on it so you can take a look!

http:// special.reserve.co.uk/ reviews/ review.php?custid=991332726

(remove da spaces)
Sun 22/07/01 at 14:06
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
GasMask wrote:
> I would get it if I had the cpu power. Its needs a 400mz minimum and
> guess what I only have a 300mz.

Haha! That makes mine sound good. I have a "measly" 700mhz.
Sun 22/07/01 at 14:01
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I would get it if I had the cpu power. Its needs a 400mz minimum and guess what I only have a 300mz.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.