GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mario kart double dash!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Tue 20/04/04 at 18:39
Regular
"rock kickin!"
dont know if im going to buy it.shuld i?feel free to talk about it to.
Wed 21/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
I pretty much agree with that. For 1-player alone it certainly isn't worth £30, even with the added challenge of TT ghosts, but if you intend to put multiplayer to good use it's essential.
Wed 21/04/04 at 17:20
Regular
My head isnt inflated, much.

I still think its only worth buying of you are going to play the game on multiplayer after finishing the cup modes.

If the thing stored the fact that you had unlocked a ghost car (which I DID find challenging) then I would recommend this as a one player game.
Wed 21/04/04 at 14:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Bonus wrote:
> I played through the whole game getting old on every mode FIRST time.
>
> I had played the N64 version to death on single and multiplayer and
> found this very easy to complete. I played the game and unlocked
> everything in a single sitting.

And you think this guy will take as short a time as you?? Deflate that head a bit if you want to give someone some accurate advice..
Wed 21/04/04 at 10:26
Regular
At first I hated it, then I loved it, now I love it in multiplayer and don't bother with single player as it's a bit crap.

What a rollercoaster ride!
Wed 21/04/04 at 08:30
Regular
It doesn't count when I raise an opinion against the mighty and beloved money grubbing nintendo :D
Wed 21/04/04 at 08:02
"The Will of D."
What happened to the old "Take your take and enjoy it" policy?
Wed 21/04/04 at 01:08
Regular
I played through the whole game getting old on every mode FIRST time.

I had played the N64 version to death on single and multiplayer and found this very easy to complete. I played the game and unlocked everything in a single sitting.
Tue 20/04/04 at 23:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Bonus wrote:
> Yeah, but unlocking everything takes just over 2 hours. No point in
> owning the thing after that unless you play multiplayer.

Unlocking everything takes well over 2 hours, fool.

You have to get Gold on the three regular cups on all difficulties (50, 100, 150 and Mirror), plus the All-Cup-Tour twice to unlock everything, which in itself will take more than 2 hours, plus you're never going to get gold first time what with the cheating COM. You're looking at four hours to do it all, at least.

And even then, you're not going just abandon single-player. You have time-trials to improve on, and the cups are fun to play through once in a while.
Tue 20/04/04 at 23:14
Regular
Yeah, but unlocking everything takes just over 2 hours. No point in owning the thing after that unless you play multiplayer.
Tue 20/04/04 at 22:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Bonus wrote:
> One of the worst single player games on the Gamecube, only buy it if
> you will play it more han once a fortnight with 3 other human beings.

Have to disagree, it's satisfying to play in single player once in a while, especially while you're still unlocking characters/levels/etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.