GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES4 pics and info"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
[URL]http://www.wearepes.com/iboard/uploads/post-7-1080570648.jpg[/URL]

The article is in French, but I've included a rough translation I found on a PES website. And before any idiots start moaning at me because I've copied the whole thing, I'll warn you that the reason I've done this is because you need to be signed up to be a member of the website. Which I doubt any of you, other than maybe Badgerman, are.

"COUPS FRANCS ACADEMY: Free Kick Academy

Free kicks have benefited from a big overhaul. It will now be possible to choose the players for the wall and where to place it exactly and most importantly to execute an indirect free kick. A player can be chosen to pass the ball to a shooter to be able to shoot past the wall with greater ease. There are rumours that goalkeeper will be penalised for handling outside the area but these are yet to be confirmed.
CAPTION 1: You have the responsibility to choose the wall memebers and position.
CAPTION 2: A PES revolution with indirect free kicks.

FAITES: (This is a typo it should say faintes which means dummies): Flick the ball over your head using L2 + R2.
SCORPION: The spectacle is for the big game as you prove with this stunning clearance manoeuvre.
ATLANTIQUE: Connoiseurs of the game will be happy with the re-introduction of the ONA (unsure what this means).
LIONCEAUX: 8 french clubs will be in this version with the new addition Montpellier (baffling I know).
CA TUE (it kills): Now you can perform nutmegs and have the ultimate control of your player.

LE THEATRE DES REVES (The Theatre of Dreams)

- More teams and stadiums. The ten biggest clubs from the 5 biggest competitions in Europe
- Player specific moves
- Customizable celebrations
- Indirect free kicks
- Online play with head gear like in SOCOM
- Replay at any point during the match (this means that even if the ball goes out of play replays will still be there)

Thierry Henry famous ball control (as well as his famous round the keeper finish) will appear, as well as the trademark Vieri header and the quick feet of Pires. The idea is to increase the feeling of identification of the players beyond their physical appearance. At the moment the end product looks like being very convincing read the names. The presence of indirect free kicks, Panenka (flick over head) or Scorpion kicks, looks like also being useful additions.

The game promises to be beautiful, and with several new camera angles it looks like all the moves will be captured brilliantly and at any moment, the end of constantly repeated highlights. You will be entitled to survey over the enitre move from start to finish. Konami being very intent on increasing the number of teams and stadiums and their respective sponsors and leagues.(10-12 new teams is an estimate). What better way of putting them into value than by including a whole new range of angles. These additions are, however, merely superficial. The most exciting feature of PES4 is online play. KCET wants to innovate online football games by including the SOCOM headgear option(also available to use offline). Takasuta has suggested himself the possibility of giving orders to certain players (covering, zone marking, man to man marking, offside traps) even taking a player into solo view (like in libero grande).

What will the end product be like? Mr PES didn't want to add anything, but knowing the talent of KCET, we remain confident that this game can strike bigtime.

PSM2's opinion: PES4 is going to be big, very very big. So big we're having trouble believing it, a bit like PSG being D1 champions.... but why not?
"

As well as this slightly brief translation, there are rumours circulating that there will be different kinds of footballs, many more stadiums (all with real names) and the ability to write messages on a t-shirt underneath the football top, which can be displayed when you score.

Overall, if these rumours come true, as well as the features in the magazine being included, with just a few more teams, then PES4 should be fantastic.

October 17th release as well for Europe, apparently. WE8 will be out in July in Japan.
Fri 23/04/04 at 07:53
Regular
": ("
lalakersrule wrote:
> I could only see as much as 4 player online really working. 22 People
> online would just not work. First off who is going to go in goal?
> Arguments are going to happen there. Secondly you're more than likely
> going to get some of the old Fifa brigade trying to take it past the
> opposition 24 times before finally shooting and much frustration is
> going to occur from not getting the ball for a good 5 minutes.
>
> At least with 4 people where everytime the ball is passed the other
> player controls the recieving player there won't be that many
> arguments until the end when people start arguing about why they lost
> :-D
>
> 2 people online though will suit me fine. I hope we can set up
> leagues and stuff. Imagine a master league totally made up of your
> mates and the bragging rights you'll have if you win the thing

Online or not, im still getting it.
Fri 23/04/04 at 00:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I could only see as much as 4 player online really working. 22 People online would just not work. First off who is going to go in goal? Arguments are going to happen there. Secondly you're more than likely going to get some of the old Fifa brigade trying to take it past the opposition 24 times before finally shooting and much frustration is going to occur from not getting the ball for a good 5 minutes.

At least with 4 people where everytime the ball is passed the other player controls the recieving player there won't be that many arguments until the end when people start arguing about why they lost :-D

2 people online though will suit me fine. I hope we can set up leagues and stuff. Imagine a master league totally made up of your mates and the bragging rights you'll have if you win the thing
Fri 23/04/04 at 00:01
Regular
Only 2 players Chetty boy.

One controlling each team.

:D
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Pro Evo online? that would be just amazing, but I wonder how that would work? would each person controls one player in a team? I can't see that working somehow, people wouldn't want to pass the ball as much and everyone has their own strategy of playing.

I like the sound of the some of the features above, I wish they would sort out this silly rule of the ref giving freekicks to the opposition when you cleanly tackle the ball off a player, thats so annoying.
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:34
Regular
I might consider getting it for xbox because you could save sooooooo many goals on the HD, but i'm just sooooo used to the PS2 pad.
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'll just get it on Xbox.

:)
Thu 22/04/04 at 23:09
Regular
JuicyMelons wrote:
> Yeh, but they're gonna have to think of something to prevent your
> opponents leaving the game.

Well, at the end of the day, its never gonna be solved as the other guy could just turn his console off!
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:41
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Yeh, but they're gonna have to think of something to prevent your opponents leaving the game. That was one of the main problems on the TIF beta, i'm sure it still is a problem on the full version. Aborting from a game just drops you karma rating from 100%, eventually down to zero. But when someone challanges you, you don't really have time to see whether they have a minty clean record or not, so you just accept the match and hope that they are good-sportsmen.
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:45
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Pro Evo Online?
>
> This could be the very game thats gets my PS2 connected.

Exactly my feeling. In fact, I think the PES series is the only series that can now save my PS2, which is slowly fading out of my life. PES4 being online, however, would give it new hope. The thought of playing some of you guys in tournaments is pretty quality.
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Touched!"
Can't wait for the next Pro Evo game, but i'm hoping the Xbox version of Pro Evo will have Live play!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.