GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sega 32x"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 21:08
Regular
has anyone ever heard of the sega 32X , it upgrades a meagdrive 1 or 2 to a 32 bit machine !! so sega actually had the first 32 bit machines. for proof check out some of the listings for this on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item= 1255444929

the above is one of them.

remove all of the spaces from the link to view the page (the link was to long for me to post it !!)
Fri 03/08/01 at 20:16
Regular
If my memory serves me right, I think the 32x was launched with a 250.00 quid price-tag, and only 10 or so games were specifically made for it. It was a rip off and the first nail in the coffin of Sega.
Fri 03/08/01 at 20:10
Sega were also was the first console company to allow users to play their old console games on there new console and allow home console games to be played on a portable device.
A converter plugged into your Megadrive and aloud you to play your Master System Games (My first ever console) and Sega also introduced another converter allowing you to play Master System games on your Game Gear.
Thinking about it Sega also introduced us to the Trendy Portable console, releasing new, smaller and sleeker designs for both The Master System and Megadrive.

On the original Megadrives can anybody remember the multi region hack (Sega first with that?). For those of you too young to remember to play USA or Japanese Mega Drive (Genesis) games on your UK megadrive, all you had to do was file (nail file) around the cartridge slot and hey presto you could play the slightly larger US and Jap carts.

Final thing. I suppose we could also say that SEGA also introduced us to the idea of Expandable consoles. As people have said, Sega added the Mega CD (and Mega CD2 ???) and also the 32X. Unfortunately both ideas failed and since then its been downhill for Sega.

RIP Sega hardware - Long live Sega Gaming (Even if it means playing Sega games on a Nintendo platform, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:32
yea, Onanists. Still they upgraded the machine rather than just bring out a new one. Where they went wrong was not to make the Saturn backwards compatable with the Megadrive games.
Sun 22/07/01 at 09:38
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
so thats what sega do !!! make you buy all the things so that you can play the game !
Sun 22/07/01 at 00:15
strange question. Yea I leave it plugged in all the time. I've even got a cd 32x game (eternal champions) that requires megadrive, megacd and the 32x to play
Sat 21/07/01 at 21:08
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
has anyone ever heard of the sega 32X , it upgrades a meagdrive 1 or 2 to a 32 bit machine !! so sega actually had the first 32 bit machines. for proof check out some of the listings for this on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item= 1255444929

the above is one of them.

remove all of the spaces from the link to view the page (the link was to long for me to post it !!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.