GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2005?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Recent interview with Valve;

'We will delay Half Life 2 until 2005 if neccessary'

I bloody well hope not!
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
STALKER is my most anticipated game at the moment, it seems to be doing something a bit new in terms of game-play and graphics. That's looking at a September release, though I guessing it could be delayed until next year. It'll be worth the wait though.
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:45
Regular
Pfft.

At the moment, I have no anticipation for HL2, actually I totally forgot about its presence, It's lost it's appeal.

It's lost the "Oh I WANT IT NOW" vibe.
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, if you have a preorder down it must be pretty grim. A friend of mine bought a graphics card off SR and got a voucher for Halflife 2, so he could cancel his preorder and relax in the thought that his money would not be wasted on waiting a long time.
Sun 25/04/04 at 13:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cipro wrote:
> I read about this on the PCGamer forums, it turns out that the quote
> was from PCZone and that the quote itself was made last year. I
> believe the sentence actually read "We will delay Half-Life 2
> until 2004 if necessary".

The quote was made last year and was talking about the delay from last spetember.
Sun 25/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
OMG! Come on! Until 2005 is pushing it! They've had long enough to work on the game to make it "perfect" GR! Like Cyclone said - I bloody well hope not!
Sun 25/04/04 at 12:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I know it said 'neccessary'.

I said 'bloody well hope not!'
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I read about this on the PCGamer forums, it turns out that the quote was from PCZone and that the quote itself was made last year. I believe the sentence actually read "We will delay Half-Life 2 until 2004 if necessary".

Gabe has also made mention that he's willing to spend a further $20million on the game if need be. So either way, whether you have to wait a few months or a year, it should still be worth the wait.
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cyclone wrote:
> Recent interview with Valve;
>
> 'We will delay Half Life 2 until 2005 if neccessary'
>
> I bloody well hope not!

if neccessary

I'd persoanlly have a complete and finished game, than a rushed product to be honest. Latest rumblings I have heard (it might well be old news to others) is that they are toying with making the strider drivable.

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.....
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Recent interview with Valve;

'We will delay Half Life 2 until 2005 if neccessary'

I bloody well hope not!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.