GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best ever game character ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 09:24
Regular
My best ever game character would probably be Solid Snake of Metal Gear Solid, he is cool, strong and crazy !!!
Sat 21/07/01 at 09:24
Regular
My best ever game character would probably be Solid Snake of Metal Gear Solid, he is cool, strong and crazy !!!
Sat 21/07/01 at 09:27
Regular
Actually now i think of it my best would probably be, the gye you play on Deus Ex he is cool.
Sat 21/07/01 at 09:41
Regular
"always swirling"
the best character has to be ...
When you go to the ranch in zelda ocarina of time and you beat Malon you get a cow.Then it apears in your tree house.
it fills most of your house up but.......its the best character ever by far!
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:27
My best ever charater is probably Link from the Zelda games or Cloud from Final Fantasy 7.

I dont know why i like Cloud so much as he has only appeared in one of the FF games i think, it could be because i have lot of happy memories from playing Final Fantasy 7.
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:29
Regular
Yea Cloud was a pretty good character in FF7. I liked the swords that he used which were twice as big as himself.
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Cloud was certainly one of the most complex characters I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It was one of those rare games where you never actually found out who you were or why you were really there until halfway through them game because of his memory recall problems, and that developed the storyline in lots of good ways later on.

Aeris, on the other hand, is one of my all time favorite characters. Although she wasn't much in the fighting stakes, emotionally you kinda got tied to her as she was the first person you saw in the game (FMV sequence at the beginning in the alleyway before she walks out into the street), but she's also the only one to die, which is very unusual in FF games.

Snake wasn't developed enough in the character stakes imo during MGS, they had plenty of opportunity to do so because MGS was a huge storydriven environment (as well as a great stealth 'em up of course), but for some reason you had to fill in his character as you went using the 'bio files' on the on screen menus at the start of the game. Maybe we'll see another side to him in MGS2 rather than just the mean war veteran who goes around killing people for his masters.

Most recently, in Skies of Aracadia on the Dreamcast, you had some brilliant character development, every member of your party had some kind of background to them as the story progressed, as well as a lot of your crew members and 'npcs', which weren't really npcs because nearly every character you met in that game, with very few exceptions, either developed the storyline or had some kind of contribution to make.

Fina, who started this game with effectively a clean character slate because you are given no information at all about her, was very interesting to watch as she progressed, as well of course as the main hero, Vyse.

Overall, for me, it's a close one between Vyse from Skies of Arcadia and Cloud from FFVII.

I'd have to choose Cloud if forced to make a choice between the two of them.
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:35
Regular
Yea he was a very good character, he had the whole story line built around him which stooped the game from becoming confusing.
Wed 25/07/01 at 01:14
I think the consensus of opinion quite rightly goes with Cloud. He made FF7 and FF7 is perhaps the greatest game of all time. His recall problems make the game all the more interesting and you foung yourselfplaying it just to find out the nest part in the story rather than to complete it. FF7 was definately a gr8 and sometimes I found myself going in on it for the pure pleasure of it even though i wasnt trying to achieve an objective, for a singleplayer, that is very rare.
There are ofcourse a few other obvious charachters and I think we should have a vote. Here is the list.....

Aeris - FF7
Cloud - FF7
Snake - MGS
Link - Zelda
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
Mario - Mario
Luigi - Mario
Vyse - Skies of Arcadia
Sonic - Sonic
Squall - FF8
Cid - FF7

Theres te starting list. This is just a guide, you can vote 4 whoever you want. Ill try and keep a tally, but thats gonna be hard work...lol.
Wed 25/07/01 at 01:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Well actually I quite like snake thing at the beggining of Shadowman, dunno why.
Anyone know who I mean?
The Sarcastic Irish snake

Otherwise Link out of Zelda is the best becasuse I simply love the Zelda series
Wed 25/07/01 at 02:04
Thanx for voting

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.