GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to buy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/04 at 22:50
Regular
I've not touched my cube for a couple of months, but recent bigish releases have caught my eye.

I was thinking maybe MGS or FF:CC.

Which is best? For someone just getting back into things?
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just got MGS a couplr of days ago, and, while I find the controls, camera and shooting particularly poor, the cut scenes and story are extremely well done, even if some cut scenes last for close to half an hour.

Oh, and the Codec is the laziest excuse for dispensing with cutscenes and gameplay that I have EVER seen.

Other than that it's quite excellent.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:12
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
DJ Duck & MC Beak wrote:
> I've not touched my cube for a couple of months, but recent bigish
> releases have caught my eye.
>
> I was thinking maybe MGS or FF:CC.
>
> Which is best? For someone just getting back into things?

Well if you are going for one of those two i'd suggest:

Metal Gear: Twin Snakes if you didn't play the Playstation original, or loved it to death. Playing through it on the Cube is a joy, and the cutscenes are beautiful.

But if you have mates with GBAs then go for Crystal Chronicles, allthough playing solo can be boring so if the one player game is what you are most looking for then Twin Snakes is definitely the way to go.
Sat 24/04/04 at 09:54
Regular
"And some more !"
if you have never played mgs ts then get that. It is much betta then then the ps version, unless you like rpg/ adventure ythen go for the ffcc but ffcc is only good when you have more than one playa and have a gba otherwise the game is crap. 1 player is boring because it doent have much depth. When you have atleast 2 players you will have some fun so get this. But make sure you have the gba.

I would personally get mgss because of its excellent gameplay.
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:50
Regular
I've not touched my cube for a couple of months, but recent bigish releases have caught my eye.

I was thinking maybe MGS or FF:CC.

Which is best? For someone just getting back into things?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.