GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did you see what happened today??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/07/01 at 18:48
Regular
GT3 came out on the PS2, with a Force Feedback steering wheel. Console quality gaming, now.
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Bonus wrote:
> GT3 came out on the PS2, with a Force Feedback steering wheel.
> Console quality gaming, now.

When you own a N64, you're not really bothered.

When you're planning on getting a GC, you're not really bothered.

When you're doing loads of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with GT3, you're not really bothered.

I've played all of the really popular games like Zelda, GT3, Perfect Dark and so on, and I've noticed that every single one is absolutely rubbish.

Except for Perfect Dark.
Sun 22/07/01 at 12:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I agree, coming up with the Kudos system was pure genius. It was the answer to the problem of realistically damaging the cars - something which probably isn't possible with the Dreamcast. The player actually tried not to touch the other cars, which gave the player greater satisfaction when finally over-taking an under-powered which he/she had been stuck behind for the last half lap.
In GT3 however, as I demonstrated to a friend yesterday, you can simply hurtle into a corner at 120mph in last position and come out the other end in first.
Do you see?
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:37
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Unlike MSR in GT3 there is no initiative to drive cleanly and not crash as in GT3 there will always be the ability to use cars as cushions on the corners, But saying that I did enjoy the rally bits in 2 player, making massive dirt clouds to blind you mate was cool!!
But if you ask my the "Kudos" system is better then anything in GT3, If it had to come up with a better scoring system, its just GT2 with suped up graphics, A bit of oringinality would'nt have gone astray here
Sun 22/07/01 at 11:28
Regular
its shows how bad the playstation 2 is that finally a big game has been released on the system after nearly a year, and even GT3 aint that good cause whats the fun in driving ultra realistic cars round a track u cant even crash them for goodness sake.
Fri 20/07/01 at 20:47
Also as has been said in this furom , but I like reminding people of it , MSR had better polygon count !
Fri 20/07/01 at 20:43
Regular
Yes, quality but incredibly boring.

The GT series has always has realistic handling, physics, courses, cars...

But when it comes to something interesting like realistic crashes, realistic car damage or scenery and people that react to the cars in a realistic way, well Sony just couldn't manage to put something EXITING in their game could they...
Fri 20/07/01 at 19:27
Do you think so ?
Fri 20/07/01 at 18:48
Regular
GT3 came out on the PS2, with a Force Feedback steering wheel. Console quality gaming, now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.