GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokémon - Racist?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've realised one thing about the Pokémon games. There is no ethnic diversity in the games.

Surely there should be more then white people in the Pokémon world. So far, I've explored three of those worlds, Hoenn, Johto and Kanto and not a single dark skinned face amoungst the lot.

They keep using the phrase, "We all live in a Pokémon World!" Surely the world of Pokémon would have more mixed races.

I can understand that it might be difficult to put a dark skinned player on the GBA game, but I also think it's sending the wrong message. A world with Pokémon is peaceful. And this peaceful world has no ethnic diversity.

See what I mean?

What do you think?
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> Do you mean 'The Demon Headmaster'? I remember that had a machine and
> an evil teacher in it...

Nah, it was a different show.

I remember the Demon Headmaster though.. that was great. Those classy "hypnotism" effects so cheaply done over the guy's eyes. Pure class :)
Tue 04/05/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Powercuts are EVIL"
where ever I go I always find that guy illphukiir
Tue 04/05/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
tphi wrote:
> Does anyone remember this show which was on CBBC, had a very young
> Kate Winslet in and had some evil teacher building some machine that
> came up through the floor in the hall?
>
> Weird.

Do you mean 'The Demon Headmaster'? I remember that had a machine and an evil teacher in it...
Tue 04/05/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Underbean"
well umbreons black and snorlax is a bit, who else?
Mon 03/05/04 at 22:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
There are "Dark" Pokémon.. It's one of the types, like Fire and Grass etc.
Mon 03/05/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Yes I know what you mean. Where have you seen a black pokemon?
Mon 03/05/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Underbean"
well unless you hadnt noticed im pretty sure brock is black or just well tanned, no im sure he is black
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Does anyone remember this show which was on CBBC, had a very young Kate Winslet in and had some evil teacher building some machine that came up through the floor in the hall?

Weird.
Tue 27/04/04 at 12:39
Regular
Triffids? Wasn't that the Midwich Cuckoos?

If I'm thinking right, then that would make it an explosion in the school caused by the sacrifice of a teacher that killed them off. I ain't read the book but I've seen both the black and white movie and the colour one staring Mark Hamill (who played Luke Skywalker).
Tue 27/04/04 at 12:35
Regular
"8==="
I think it was the common cold that killed off the Triffids.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.