GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Clean Up The Forum! (Dear Tony)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/07/01 at 11:55
Regular
Ok, I was just in another forum on a Deftones site and when I went to reply to a message it had a spellcheck button.

When i saw this I instantly thought of how I and others like these forums to be clean and with alot of good grammer. So is it possible to add a spell check button? It would also help those occasional errors.

MWA

P.S Sorry I have not posted much at all lately, alot has been going on and I will try get back asap, as you guys are starting to be missed *sobs*
Fri 20/07/01 at 17:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
I think the user should have the option of how many replies the forums display!

I suggested this and I am hoping...

:D
Fri 20/07/01 at 17:02
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I really doubt if we can make a spell-checker a priority at the moment.

Our backlog list is getting longer and longer.
Fri 20/07/01 at 16:31
Hey good idea, it would save me having to look in the dictionary all the time if there was a spell checker option.
Fri 20/07/01 at 15:50
Regular
Thing is, if it's little errors, likt teh instead of the etc, then I don't think anyone really minds.

It's all this text message speak that annoys me!
Fri 20/07/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Apart from spelling, you should have the courage of your convictions and stick to what you post
Fri 20/07/01 at 15:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I think there should be an option for the original poster to edit
> their post.

Man, i suggested that about a month ago, but nobody took notice, and said people would use it to change their post if it was criticiesd.
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:33
"Uzi Lover"
I agree, sometimes you post and look back saying "Damn i missed that" or even want to edit your post a few weeks later.
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:31
"High polygon count"
I think there should be an option for the original poster to edit their post.
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:30
"Uzi Lover"
Hmmmmm no the spellcheck will only be used if the poster want's to use it and have a non errorable post.

But I must admit some are funny.
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:28
Regular
Hoo cairs aboat spelin eneway?! Aslon as yuo can reed it, ti dusnt matta!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.