GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda story"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/07/01 at 10:42
Regular
Author’s note: This short story is written in inner monologue. This view looks in on the character’s thoughts, instead of their actions. You don’t actually see what is going on in the outside environment, but you read what Link thinks about it. It may seem confusing at first, but it is exactly how a human (errr...Hylian) brain would work in this situation.)

Too easy. Those stalfos don’t stand a chance against me. I’m too quick, too mobile, and too defensive.
How many more flights of stairs do I have to go up? My legs are tired and they’re beginning to burn. Just like the torches up on the walls. How do they keep burning? Do they ever burn out? I better not burn out. This would be the worst time to do it.

Here’s another door. What’s inside this one? Oh no. Two iron knuckles. I had my fill of them in the Spirit Temple. It was too hot there for my tastes. I wonder where Nabooru is now. I wonder where Saria is now. No, that’s not important. Concentrate on swinging that sword. Here’s my chance! Swing! Another hard shot to the back.
He’s weakening. Look at his knees shake. Mine are shaking, too! I’m not that tired, am I?

Okay, one down, one more to go. This one looks a bit stronger than the last. Whoa, narrowly missed my head there. Careful, I don’t want to loose it. That’s the only head I’ve got.

Swing! Yes! Got in a good hit. Uh-oh. He’s angry now. He’s coming on faster and more ferociously. Think smart, Link. Don’t make a bad move. Another good shot! One more and he’s toast.

His axe there could use a spit shine. Is that red on the blade? Ouch, I don’t want to be added to the collection of those beheaded by that thing. Ah! Focus! I’m letting my guard down.

He’s coming on. There’s the swing. Go now! My knee hurts. What am I doing on the ground? Did I fall? I can’t see. Am I dead? Now my vision is returning. What happened? I can’t see him. Oh, there are his remains of his armor on the ground. I must have hit him so hard that I knocked myself to the ground.

I’m wasting time. I’ve got to keep moving. If I don't hurry, Zelda could be killed. Seven years. Oh how she’s changed in those seven years. She’s grown so beautiful. Was she that gorgeous on the day I first met her? No, she was just a child then. So was I. Now look at me. I’ve grown myself. I’m not the boy I used to be. I don’t want to go back to being a child. I like being grown up and older. Life is much more exciting.
Here’s another door. This one is much larger. Was that music there before? It’s organ music. What a mysterious melody it has. I never knew that Ganondorf played the organ. I must be getting closer. The music keeps getting louder.

What the...why is there a huge pillar in the middle of this room. Now where do I go? Do I climb up this pillar, or is there a door? All of those doors are barred. What’s Navi trying to tell me? Wait, she’s flying to that door over on that wall. It isn’t barred. This must be where I need to go. Yes, the door opens.

Is it just me or are the windows different. Were there even windows in the other stairways? No, I don’t think so. These are stained glass. I wish those butterflies in my stomach would buzz off. I feel like my muscles are tied in knots. I can’t breathe. I could use some water right now. My throat is so dry.
The light in the hall is getting brighter. Does that mean I’m getting close? The organ music is starting to shake the walls. Please say that isn’t the end of the stairs! No! There’s the door! I don’t want to do this! I don’t want the triforce!

The music is definitely coming from inside that door. Ganondorf is in there, pounding away at that organ. Zelda is in there, too. She’s so helpless. Someone has to do this. I need more courage. I need more time. I’m not ready to face him. Yes you are! What are you talking about, Link? There’s no time like the present. Throw open that door and face your destiny.

Well, here we go. Where is that mysterious pink glow coming from? It’s Zelda! She’s encased in that prism! And there’s Ganondorf in that awful red cape. I ought to knock his blasted block off for taking Zelda. He’s turning around! Yuck, was his face always that awful? Was his nose always that huge? I can see straight up his nostrils.
I hate you Ganondorf. You don’t deserve that triforce. Speaking of triforce, is this the triforce glowing on the back of my hand? Zelda has one, too! Now there’s one on Ganondorf’s hand. This could get awfully messy.

His voice is so thick, yet it’s so empty. It echoes through the whole room before reaching my ears. It’s time to finish you up, Ganondorf. There’s the comforting feeling of the master sword in my hand.
Oh no, he’s firing a ball of light at me. What should I do? Think, Link! Remember back to when you fought Ganon in the forest temple in the forest temple. Yes, yes! I used my sword to bounce it back at him! Will that work now? Too late!

My eyes are burning! That felt like a lightening bolt just went screaming through my body. I’ve never felt such pain before.
You’re going to be sorry you ever messed with the Hero of Time, buddy. You’re cruising for a bad bruising.
It worked! He’s down! What now? A light arrow! Yes, what Zelda told me before she was kidnapped. I’m running out of arrows. Make this a good shot. Direct hit! Now move in and swing that sword.

One, two, three, four good hits. He’s recovering so I better get off of this platform quick.
He’s firing another volley of black magic! I need a bigger sword. I better switch to the sword Biggoron made for me.

It feels like I’m playing catch with him. This isn’t a child’s game, though. This is life or death. Good versus evil. This is a game that I can’t afford to loose. The whole kingdom of Hyrule is resting in my hands. I can’t let the people down. They are depending on me to save their lives. So is Zelda. I can’t let her down, either.

One, two, three. Only got three slices in that time. He’s weakening though. I am, too. I can’t breathe again. I’m so thirsty. That can wait. This can’t.
This is it, finish him. He’s down! Slice him! I’ve got him pinned down, just deliver the fatal blow.

Did I do it? Was that it? Yes! He’s breathing hard.
Are the windows supposed to be shaking like that? They’re shattering. I can feel the glass cutting into my skin. Duck down before they scratch out your eyes! It stopped. He’s down, laying lifelessly on the ground. His cape is torn and tattered and the red is fading quickly.

There’s that pink glow again! Here comes Zelda. Oh, is she going to be excited that it’s finally over! The poor girl. She’s probably been through a lot, so she probably won’t even care about me. Oh, well I can stand to...
What? She’s paying more attention to Ganondorf’s dead body than to me? Maybe she doesn’t like me as much as I think. Oh, I’m just another Hylian to her. Just the same old pointy-eared guy who drools over every pretty girl he sees. No, I’m worth more than that! Much more than—
Uh-oh. What’s that shaking? I’m going to loose my balance! I’ve got to get Zelda out of here. Go faster Zelda, we are going to get crushed in here! Walking is one thing, Zelda! Running is completely different!

This door is barred, we’ll never get through here. Zelda, do you think it’s going to do any good to use the triforce? We’re just going to get minced. It’s a futile attempted to open that—or unless you actually get it open. Whoa! Look out for the rocks. There’s one falling in front of you! Next door. Keep going, Zelda. This isn’t over until we are out of here. Another set of stairs. Haven’t we been down these already?

Not more stalfos. Anything but those boned blokes. I’d welcome Ganondorf over these guys. That was easy. Hurry, Zelda, let’s keep this going quickly. More stairs. I would love to be home right now instead of running behind a load of blonde hair down endless flights of stairs. I’d be having some fresh milk out on my balcony, watching the Kokiri children frolic around the green grass and the fireflies flickering away.

Dah! I need to be more careful. That was too close. I could have been brained by that big rock. Wait, is this the last set of stairs? Yes, it is! We’re almost out. Not too speedily, but we’re almost out.
What was that scream. Oh please don’t tell me...oh no. I’m stuck. I can’t move. Zelda! Just don’t stand there like a blonde idiot! Do something! Slash that re-dead to bits while I’m frozen here. No, she just stands there, watching in fright as I’m devoured! At the first chance, I’m going to grab my sword and swipe him up.
Now! Freedom! One more hit and I’ve got him. Yes! Now there isn’t any time to waste. Let’s get out of here. More stairs? I can see light at the top! We are almost free! I can’t wait to take off these boots. Were they ever this tight? My shirt is choking me, too. There, untying often helps. We’re safe! Zelda, we made it!
Not a moment too soon. Look at that door crumble to bits. I’ll never have to look at that awful, dark place again as long as I live. The sooner they construct the castle, the better.

There goes the last of the tower, falling into the depths of the rubble. I can’t believe we finally made it this far. It seems like I was just an innocent young child living in the forest only yesterday. I knew nothing about the triforce, or Ganondorf, or the beautiful princess. I was so naive, so different. Now look at me. How we’ve changed. Look at me. I feel like I’m still a child, but I look at my hands and see who I am...I am the Hero of Time. Not only have I become a man, but I’ve become a light to those who have no hope, and now they have that hope. It’s all over now. There’s nothing left but the rubble and the memories. Look at Zelda, such a wonderful, caring creature. She doesn’t care about me. I don’t care that she doesn’t care. I have friends in the forest, and that’s all that counts.

What was that sound? No, please, no. I want this to be over. Please, just let it be falling rubble. Please, no—
Ganondorf! How many times do I have to get rid of him! I’m ready. I’m strong. I can defeat him again. Be smart, Link. Don’t get your pride up.

What’s happening? What is he doing? What’s that light? I can’t look at it! It’s Ganon, and he’s twice my size! Come on, I’ve got to believe in myself. I can do this! Careful! Watch out for those blades he’s got. Oh no! The master sword...

Stay calm, stay calm, and think. The hammer is too heavy. If I used that I’d swing myself right into fatigue. Thinking of fatigue, how much sleep have I had lately? None. How about Biggoron’s sword? Yes! It’s twice as strong and powerful as the master sword.

Navi doesn’t know his weakness. I’m just going to have to take a swing at his lowest point. That would be his tail. It works! One hit and he’s already weakening. Look out for his blades. They’re coming around! Watch out! My shoulder! He got my shoulder!

Don’t scream, Zelda. It’s only a small scrape on my arm. Are all small wounds supposed to throb like this? Forget about it and fight.

I hope he’s vulnerable to light arrows. Yes, he is. Now I have more time to get in, give him a hit, and bounce out before he can react. I’m down to two more arrows. I’d better use them carefully.

This is sure taking a while to beat him. He’s weakening fast though. That was it. Now all I need is the master sword to finish him up!

The master sword fits my hand better than Biggoron’s. It feels more comfortable. Now, for that final attack. Look for a break in his attacks. There it is! Go now! Yes! He’s down! My eyes are burning again! Zelda must be using the triforce again. I can see mine on my hand again.

A final blow, Zelda? Of course. One fantastic and well anticipated final blow coming right up. Make this one good, Link. It might be the last one you have for a while...or forever. I’m going to go for the head.

What an awful sound he’s making! Quickly, Zelda! Lock him in the Sacred Realm! He’s beginning to disappear with the power of the sages. Goodbye, Ganondorf. I’m sorry to see you go, but I hope to Hyrule you never come back.

I’m feeling a little faint here. Why am I so dizzy? I must have lost a lot of blood. I never knew the ground felt so good. My eyes want to close, but where’s Zelda? There you are. There’s her blue eyes and her velvet hair. I want to hold on to forever, Zelda. I don’t want to let go, but my eyes want to shut. The world is going black...
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:12
Regular
"DS..."
a pretty damn good twist on something that already exists, it really does make you think what it would REALLY be like to actually be in the game, hmmmm i wonder......
slik ?_?
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is Link dying at the end or what?

Good story though - If a little unoriginal!

;-)
Fri 20/07/01 at 12:43
Regular
"You've upset me"
Not bad!
Fri 20/07/01 at 10:42
Author’s note: This short story is written in inner monologue. This view looks in on the character’s thoughts, instead of their actions. You don’t actually see what is going on in the outside environment, but you read what Link thinks about it. It may seem confusing at first, but it is exactly how a human (errr...Hylian) brain would work in this situation.)

Too easy. Those stalfos don’t stand a chance against me. I’m too quick, too mobile, and too defensive.
How many more flights of stairs do I have to go up? My legs are tired and they’re beginning to burn. Just like the torches up on the walls. How do they keep burning? Do they ever burn out? I better not burn out. This would be the worst time to do it.

Here’s another door. What’s inside this one? Oh no. Two iron knuckles. I had my fill of them in the Spirit Temple. It was too hot there for my tastes. I wonder where Nabooru is now. I wonder where Saria is now. No, that’s not important. Concentrate on swinging that sword. Here’s my chance! Swing! Another hard shot to the back.
He’s weakening. Look at his knees shake. Mine are shaking, too! I’m not that tired, am I?

Okay, one down, one more to go. This one looks a bit stronger than the last. Whoa, narrowly missed my head there. Careful, I don’t want to loose it. That’s the only head I’ve got.

Swing! Yes! Got in a good hit. Uh-oh. He’s angry now. He’s coming on faster and more ferociously. Think smart, Link. Don’t make a bad move. Another good shot! One more and he’s toast.

His axe there could use a spit shine. Is that red on the blade? Ouch, I don’t want to be added to the collection of those beheaded by that thing. Ah! Focus! I’m letting my guard down.

He’s coming on. There’s the swing. Go now! My knee hurts. What am I doing on the ground? Did I fall? I can’t see. Am I dead? Now my vision is returning. What happened? I can’t see him. Oh, there are his remains of his armor on the ground. I must have hit him so hard that I knocked myself to the ground.

I’m wasting time. I’ve got to keep moving. If I don't hurry, Zelda could be killed. Seven years. Oh how she’s changed in those seven years. She’s grown so beautiful. Was she that gorgeous on the day I first met her? No, she was just a child then. So was I. Now look at me. I’ve grown myself. I’m not the boy I used to be. I don’t want to go back to being a child. I like being grown up and older. Life is much more exciting.
Here’s another door. This one is much larger. Was that music there before? It’s organ music. What a mysterious melody it has. I never knew that Ganondorf played the organ. I must be getting closer. The music keeps getting louder.

What the...why is there a huge pillar in the middle of this room. Now where do I go? Do I climb up this pillar, or is there a door? All of those doors are barred. What’s Navi trying to tell me? Wait, she’s flying to that door over on that wall. It isn’t barred. This must be where I need to go. Yes, the door opens.

Is it just me or are the windows different. Were there even windows in the other stairways? No, I don’t think so. These are stained glass. I wish those butterflies in my stomach would buzz off. I feel like my muscles are tied in knots. I can’t breathe. I could use some water right now. My throat is so dry.
The light in the hall is getting brighter. Does that mean I’m getting close? The organ music is starting to shake the walls. Please say that isn’t the end of the stairs! No! There’s the door! I don’t want to do this! I don’t want the triforce!

The music is definitely coming from inside that door. Ganondorf is in there, pounding away at that organ. Zelda is in there, too. She’s so helpless. Someone has to do this. I need more courage. I need more time. I’m not ready to face him. Yes you are! What are you talking about, Link? There’s no time like the present. Throw open that door and face your destiny.

Well, here we go. Where is that mysterious pink glow coming from? It’s Zelda! She’s encased in that prism! And there’s Ganondorf in that awful red cape. I ought to knock his blasted block off for taking Zelda. He’s turning around! Yuck, was his face always that awful? Was his nose always that huge? I can see straight up his nostrils.
I hate you Ganondorf. You don’t deserve that triforce. Speaking of triforce, is this the triforce glowing on the back of my hand? Zelda has one, too! Now there’s one on Ganondorf’s hand. This could get awfully messy.

His voice is so thick, yet it’s so empty. It echoes through the whole room before reaching my ears. It’s time to finish you up, Ganondorf. There’s the comforting feeling of the master sword in my hand.
Oh no, he’s firing a ball of light at me. What should I do? Think, Link! Remember back to when you fought Ganon in the forest temple in the forest temple. Yes, yes! I used my sword to bounce it back at him! Will that work now? Too late!

My eyes are burning! That felt like a lightening bolt just went screaming through my body. I’ve never felt such pain before.
You’re going to be sorry you ever messed with the Hero of Time, buddy. You’re cruising for a bad bruising.
It worked! He’s down! What now? A light arrow! Yes, what Zelda told me before she was kidnapped. I’m running out of arrows. Make this a good shot. Direct hit! Now move in and swing that sword.

One, two, three, four good hits. He’s recovering so I better get off of this platform quick.
He’s firing another volley of black magic! I need a bigger sword. I better switch to the sword Biggoron made for me.

It feels like I’m playing catch with him. This isn’t a child’s game, though. This is life or death. Good versus evil. This is a game that I can’t afford to loose. The whole kingdom of Hyrule is resting in my hands. I can’t let the people down. They are depending on me to save their lives. So is Zelda. I can’t let her down, either.

One, two, three. Only got three slices in that time. He’s weakening though. I am, too. I can’t breathe again. I’m so thirsty. That can wait. This can’t.
This is it, finish him. He’s down! Slice him! I’ve got him pinned down, just deliver the fatal blow.

Did I do it? Was that it? Yes! He’s breathing hard.
Are the windows supposed to be shaking like that? They’re shattering. I can feel the glass cutting into my skin. Duck down before they scratch out your eyes! It stopped. He’s down, laying lifelessly on the ground. His cape is torn and tattered and the red is fading quickly.

There’s that pink glow again! Here comes Zelda. Oh, is she going to be excited that it’s finally over! The poor girl. She’s probably been through a lot, so she probably won’t even care about me. Oh, well I can stand to...
What? She’s paying more attention to Ganondorf’s dead body than to me? Maybe she doesn’t like me as much as I think. Oh, I’m just another Hylian to her. Just the same old pointy-eared guy who drools over every pretty girl he sees. No, I’m worth more than that! Much more than—
Uh-oh. What’s that shaking? I’m going to loose my balance! I’ve got to get Zelda out of here. Go faster Zelda, we are going to get crushed in here! Walking is one thing, Zelda! Running is completely different!

This door is barred, we’ll never get through here. Zelda, do you think it’s going to do any good to use the triforce? We’re just going to get minced. It’s a futile attempted to open that—or unless you actually get it open. Whoa! Look out for the rocks. There’s one falling in front of you! Next door. Keep going, Zelda. This isn’t over until we are out of here. Another set of stairs. Haven’t we been down these already?

Not more stalfos. Anything but those boned blokes. I’d welcome Ganondorf over these guys. That was easy. Hurry, Zelda, let’s keep this going quickly. More stairs. I would love to be home right now instead of running behind a load of blonde hair down endless flights of stairs. I’d be having some fresh milk out on my balcony, watching the Kokiri children frolic around the green grass and the fireflies flickering away.

Dah! I need to be more careful. That was too close. I could have been brained by that big rock. Wait, is this the last set of stairs? Yes, it is! We’re almost out. Not too speedily, but we’re almost out.
What was that scream. Oh please don’t tell me...oh no. I’m stuck. I can’t move. Zelda! Just don’t stand there like a blonde idiot! Do something! Slash that re-dead to bits while I’m frozen here. No, she just stands there, watching in fright as I’m devoured! At the first chance, I’m going to grab my sword and swipe him up.
Now! Freedom! One more hit and I’ve got him. Yes! Now there isn’t any time to waste. Let’s get out of here. More stairs? I can see light at the top! We are almost free! I can’t wait to take off these boots. Were they ever this tight? My shirt is choking me, too. There, untying often helps. We’re safe! Zelda, we made it!
Not a moment too soon. Look at that door crumble to bits. I’ll never have to look at that awful, dark place again as long as I live. The sooner they construct the castle, the better.

There goes the last of the tower, falling into the depths of the rubble. I can’t believe we finally made it this far. It seems like I was just an innocent young child living in the forest only yesterday. I knew nothing about the triforce, or Ganondorf, or the beautiful princess. I was so naive, so different. Now look at me. How we’ve changed. Look at me. I feel like I’m still a child, but I look at my hands and see who I am...I am the Hero of Time. Not only have I become a man, but I’ve become a light to those who have no hope, and now they have that hope. It’s all over now. There’s nothing left but the rubble and the memories. Look at Zelda, such a wonderful, caring creature. She doesn’t care about me. I don’t care that she doesn’t care. I have friends in the forest, and that’s all that counts.

What was that sound? No, please, no. I want this to be over. Please, just let it be falling rubble. Please, no—
Ganondorf! How many times do I have to get rid of him! I’m ready. I’m strong. I can defeat him again. Be smart, Link. Don’t get your pride up.

What’s happening? What is he doing? What’s that light? I can’t look at it! It’s Ganon, and he’s twice my size! Come on, I’ve got to believe in myself. I can do this! Careful! Watch out for those blades he’s got. Oh no! The master sword...

Stay calm, stay calm, and think. The hammer is too heavy. If I used that I’d swing myself right into fatigue. Thinking of fatigue, how much sleep have I had lately? None. How about Biggoron’s sword? Yes! It’s twice as strong and powerful as the master sword.

Navi doesn’t know his weakness. I’m just going to have to take a swing at his lowest point. That would be his tail. It works! One hit and he’s already weakening. Look out for his blades. They’re coming around! Watch out! My shoulder! He got my shoulder!

Don’t scream, Zelda. It’s only a small scrape on my arm. Are all small wounds supposed to throb like this? Forget about it and fight.

I hope he’s vulnerable to light arrows. Yes, he is. Now I have more time to get in, give him a hit, and bounce out before he can react. I’m down to two more arrows. I’d better use them carefully.

This is sure taking a while to beat him. He’s weakening fast though. That was it. Now all I need is the master sword to finish him up!

The master sword fits my hand better than Biggoron’s. It feels more comfortable. Now, for that final attack. Look for a break in his attacks. There it is! Go now! Yes! He’s down! My eyes are burning again! Zelda must be using the triforce again. I can see mine on my hand again.

A final blow, Zelda? Of course. One fantastic and well anticipated final blow coming right up. Make this one good, Link. It might be the last one you have for a while...or forever. I’m going to go for the head.

What an awful sound he’s making! Quickly, Zelda! Lock him in the Sacred Realm! He’s beginning to disappear with the power of the sages. Goodbye, Ganondorf. I’m sorry to see you go, but I hope to Hyrule you never come back.

I’m feeling a little faint here. Why am I so dizzy? I must have lost a lot of blood. I never knew the ground felt so good. My eyes want to close, but where’s Zelda? There you are. There’s her blue eyes and her velvet hair. I want to hold on to forever, Zelda. I don’t want to let go, but my eyes want to shut. The world is going black...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.