GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes'.
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:47
Regular
Impulse bought the game today - Not sure what I think of it yet. I don't like the still camera angles - it's like trying to do Resident Evil in stealth - and considering it is a remake, it is a shame that the communicator screen is all in 2D, despite MGS2 on PS2 being in 3D.

Without spoilers (as I've not long played it), does it get any better?
Tue 04/05/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Powercuts are EVIL"
I was watching the Electric playground on Gamenetwork and some SK guy said the game has connectivity. I am yet to find it. But I did find the camera in the game. (Doesn't do anything that great)
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Edgy I was exactly the same as you - I'd played the beginning of MGS2 on the PS2, and I thougt it was a bit rubbish, but I did really like Metal Gear on the GBC, and so I thought I'd give this a go.

The gameplay does get a bit of getting used to, and once you're familiar with the controls and you realise that the game works on specific stealth mechanics to which real logic doesn't apply, you will be able to look past the camera angles and the control niggles, and see the game for what it really is.

I'm just in the Cell after failing the torture (on purpose SPOILER I want the stealth suit), and I'm gripped by the game.

Just get past the initial frustrations of getting caught because you have NO clue what to do, and you should start to enjoy the game more.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> If you loved it you would have it by now.

I would, if a shop STOCKED IT!
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:14
Regular
I only ever gave MGS2 a quick go on the PS2 - so really this is my first proper go at the series.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:11
Regular
If you loved it you would have it by now.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Will get this on GAD, once my mebership has, um, come into existence.. ;)

I love MGS.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:07
Regular
If you aren't a fan of Metal Gear then I don't know what you expect to get from it. You either love it or you don't, I know very few people who lie in between.

For me it is explosive form the start but I have been a Metal Gear fan since the Nes. Wait until you meet Ninja and Revolver Ocelot for the first time, that's when it kicks off a bit.
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
the flashy new FMV sequences are nice.
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:47
Regular
Impulse bought the game today - Not sure what I think of it yet. I don't like the still camera angles - it's like trying to do Resident Evil in stealth - and considering it is a remake, it is a shame that the communicator screen is all in 2D, despite MGS2 on PS2 being in 3D.

Without spoilers (as I've not long played it), does it get any better?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.