GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Full Circle - A Christmas story"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/12/09 at 16:46
"possibly impossible"
Full Circle (first posted in 2004)

It’s winter and I’m here in my home town again. I love this time of year, it just makes me so much more aware of this beautiful land. The snow covered hills are just like blankets, freshly laid by a mother for her children. The trees are adorned with silvery icicles and small snowy pillows. The whole scene is one breath-taking vista of perfection.

I feel far more grounded at the moment, my head isn’t flying around like the rest of the year and I just wallow in watching all those children playing in the fresh snow. Their bright eyes reflect the white shine as they slip and slide and their laughter rings out as the snowballs fly, hastily made with their colourful gloved hands.

It wasn’t too long ago that I remember being miserable. The drizzle of autumn is so depressing and watching everyone’s face as they do their shopping, getting soaking wet, isn’t my scene at all. Spring is colourful though, I do love to see those small buds emerge from the ground, their life helped along with a little light rain and sun.

Ah, but that sun is too much for me. I’m not a fan of the summer, it just seems so dry. I find myself with nothing to do most of the time and it’s horrible to be at a loose end in those June and July months.

But winter comes around again and that beautiful snow falls to cover the hills once more. Then I’ll be back here, standing on the bright white hill watching children playing around me. Winter is definitely my favourite time of year.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 04/12/09 at 16:46
"possibly impossible"
Full Circle (first posted in 2004)

It’s winter and I’m here in my home town again. I love this time of year, it just makes me so much more aware of this beautiful land. The snow covered hills are just like blankets, freshly laid by a mother for her children. The trees are adorned with silvery icicles and small snowy pillows. The whole scene is one breath-taking vista of perfection.

I feel far more grounded at the moment, my head isn’t flying around like the rest of the year and I just wallow in watching all those children playing in the fresh snow. Their bright eyes reflect the white shine as they slip and slide and their laughter rings out as the snowballs fly, hastily made with their colourful gloved hands.

It wasn’t too long ago that I remember being miserable. The drizzle of autumn is so depressing and watching everyone’s face as they do their shopping, getting soaking wet, isn’t my scene at all. Spring is colourful though, I do love to see those small buds emerge from the ground, their life helped along with a little light rain and sun.

Ah, but that sun is too much for me. I’m not a fan of the summer, it just seems so dry. I find myself with nothing to do most of the time and it’s horrible to be at a loose end in those June and July months.

But winter comes around again and that beautiful snow falls to cover the hills once more. Then I’ll be back here, standing on the bright white hill watching children playing around me. Winter is definitely my favourite time of year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.