GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zeda: Twilight Princess (Wii)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Fri 12/01/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
After getting my hands on a wii I began my search for a few games to test out the system and the controls to see if my money had been well spent.

Step up The legend of Zelda: Twilight princess. Recommended by quite a lot of other gamers I decided that this would be the first wii game for me – having enjoyed A link to the past on the Super Nintendo so much as a kid and also enjoyed playing through wind waker on the gamecube this seemed like the natural choice.

On first view the graphics look pretty impressive, even though I spend most gaming hours these days in front of an HDTV playing my 360 in high def switching to zelda doesn't feel like a major step back in terms of graphics. So onto the game controls.

The game makes use of Nintendo's revolutionary wii remote and nunchuck. The nunchuck controls your characters movement and allows you to look around the level, while the wii remote allows you to select items and to control your weapons. It all feels very natural once you get used to it and when you begin to use the weapons such as the sword – which you just swing the wii remote to use like a real sword, it becomes a lot of fun.

The game feels like pretty much every zelda game I've played before so fans will lap this up as it is pretty much more of the same – travel around the maps collecting items and weapons and then defeating bosses at the temples before moving on to the next one. With the simple control set up though it takes far less time to master each weapon and at no point in the game are you left wondering what buttons you need to use to perform specific actions.
The game requires a bit of thought, you need to pay attention to the levels to help solve some of the more complex puzzles and even at that there are bound to be a few puzzles that have you stumped for quite some time.

As with every other Zelda game the story is as impressive as always. You once again take control of Link and must save the land of Hyrule from the darkness that has taken over. Throughout the game you'll travel back and forth from the normal world to the Twilight – this change also transforms your physical look and adds some more challenges to the game play. From everything I've played so far it's as impressive as any other Zelda game I've played and probably more enjoyable now that I can slash around with the wii remote every time I take on a new enemy.

For me this is easily the most enjoyable game on the wii at the moment, I'd say its a must buy for any wii owner, it may take some longer than others to get into it but once you do get into it there is a huge amount of enjoyment that can be taken away from this game. It's also likely to keep you busy for some time – certainly not the kind of game you'll complete in a couple of days. I've found myself at times during the game just riding around on my horse or spending too long just fishing instead of getting on with the main objectives. Simple things in the game that all add together to make something special.

Zelda: The Twilight Princess is definitely one of the most enjoyable and entertaining single player games that I've played through in the past 6 months and I can certainly see myself playing through this game a few times just to make sure I experience all that it has to offer. A must buy for any zelda fan and most wii owners.

Gets a 9/10 from me, some parts feel a bit repetitive at times and I would have loved to have seen what the game would have been like in high def. New controls are simple to use and add to the whole experience and fun of the game.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 12/01/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
After getting my hands on a wii I began my search for a few games to test out the system and the controls to see if my money had been well spent.

Step up The legend of Zelda: Twilight princess. Recommended by quite a lot of other gamers I decided that this would be the first wii game for me – having enjoyed A link to the past on the Super Nintendo so much as a kid and also enjoyed playing through wind waker on the gamecube this seemed like the natural choice.

On first view the graphics look pretty impressive, even though I spend most gaming hours these days in front of an HDTV playing my 360 in high def switching to zelda doesn't feel like a major step back in terms of graphics. So onto the game controls.

The game makes use of Nintendo's revolutionary wii remote and nunchuck. The nunchuck controls your characters movement and allows you to look around the level, while the wii remote allows you to select items and to control your weapons. It all feels very natural once you get used to it and when you begin to use the weapons such as the sword – which you just swing the wii remote to use like a real sword, it becomes a lot of fun.

The game feels like pretty much every zelda game I've played before so fans will lap this up as it is pretty much more of the same – travel around the maps collecting items and weapons and then defeating bosses at the temples before moving on to the next one. With the simple control set up though it takes far less time to master each weapon and at no point in the game are you left wondering what buttons you need to use to perform specific actions.
The game requires a bit of thought, you need to pay attention to the levels to help solve some of the more complex puzzles and even at that there are bound to be a few puzzles that have you stumped for quite some time.

As with every other Zelda game the story is as impressive as always. You once again take control of Link and must save the land of Hyrule from the darkness that has taken over. Throughout the game you'll travel back and forth from the normal world to the Twilight – this change also transforms your physical look and adds some more challenges to the game play. From everything I've played so far it's as impressive as any other Zelda game I've played and probably more enjoyable now that I can slash around with the wii remote every time I take on a new enemy.

For me this is easily the most enjoyable game on the wii at the moment, I'd say its a must buy for any wii owner, it may take some longer than others to get into it but once you do get into it there is a huge amount of enjoyment that can be taken away from this game. It's also likely to keep you busy for some time – certainly not the kind of game you'll complete in a couple of days. I've found myself at times during the game just riding around on my horse or spending too long just fishing instead of getting on with the main objectives. Simple things in the game that all add together to make something special.

Zelda: The Twilight Princess is definitely one of the most enjoyable and entertaining single player games that I've played through in the past 6 months and I can certainly see myself playing through this game a few times just to make sure I experience all that it has to offer. A must buy for any zelda fan and most wii owners.

Gets a 9/10 from me, some parts feel a bit repetitive at times and I would have loved to have seen what the game would have been like in high def. New controls are simple to use and add to the whole experience and fun of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.