GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Warcraft 3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Warcraft 3'.
Wed 28/04/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have heard good things. Some opinions, please?
Fri 30/04/04 at 17:45
"I love yo... lamp."
It had me wrapped up for hours. Which shows how good it really is because I don't like orcs and undeads etc normally. I like GDI and Nod forces, or real armies, but not fantasy stuff.

Yet this kept my attention. Kudos, muchly.
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Dont bother calling something that wants an up on word count, because thats hardly why i'm posting an old review here, I'm posting it here because its good words of what Warcraft 3 is, and what i like about it in closer words. thanks

"Warcraft 3. It's grown a great reputation of a being an amazing RTS since the 2nd in the series of Warcraft. So, nearly 5 years after Warcraft 2 was released, Blizzard developers finally released the 3rd after much anticipation. Then, within in the following year, Frozen Throne was released. So, what more has this Expansion pack has to offer?

The game is based upon the world of Warcraft in which four races battle for dominance and survival. The races being Night Elf, Human, Undead and the Orcs, each race having their own strengths and weaknesses. But what Blizzard developers have managed to do differently with Warcraft, was create an extremely unique RPG element in the game. Each race has 4 unique heroes, as well as 5 other hireable ones, to lead their people into battle with brilliant spells and brand new offensive/defensive items, helping them attempt to gain the upper hand in battle. With each unit killed, these heroes gain experience, which, in turn, enables them to grow stronger. This twist makes Warcraft 3 into an RTS like no other. 'Creeps', units that preserve an equally hostile stance to all players, span the map, serving as a source of experience and items.

So, this game being RTS with the pinch of RPG, how does it go with the units? Amazing, Blizzard has hosted at least 4 new units to each race for the expansion. This has made The Frozen throne into a much more expandable to strategies for the battlefield. Units have a great creative touch to them, you can tell blizzard have thoroughly thought through this game, It includes some ideas from Warcraft 2 for classic players, this is a refreshment and a new experience to play with them against the two new races. Controls are pretty basic, mouse and keyboard and almost everything within the game is accessible to a hotkey.

In addition, Warcraft 3 Developers have added a great replay valve to the game because of the ‘Warcraft 3 World editor’. People able to create maps, campaigns and fun maps from an extremely, extendable world editor, this includes ability to make nearly anything they dream of. Though, I wouldn’t say its easy to use, most expert map editors know a good basic deal of computer programming, and a ton of creativity and patience, but there’s enough made out there, to keep you happy.

The expansion doesn't offer any graphical improvement, nor sound. But greatly enhanced gameplay improvement, and most of all, the extremely addictive multiplayer. Blizzard, have created, ‘Battle.net’ It is an extremely user-friendly and reliable server that hosts almost all their previous titles. Play among thousands of other players to climb the ladder and get ranked. It may all sound, simple, but it’s something that has seemed to create a world of its own also, Battle.net is totally free! Blizzard also has a great reputation for its support to their games. With Blizzard’s reputation for their constant support of all there titles, constant patches and updates, this game is constantly evolving."
Thu 29/04/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Teal'c"
harvest moon is gr8 wrote:
> so dontbother paying 20 quid for ech one

Wow! Great advice there! Thankyou! Practical, and a joy to the eyes!
Thu 29/04/04 at 07:52
Regular
"And some more !"
if u wanna buy it then you can go on play.com and buy both warcraft 3 and the expansion and the guides of sumink fo 18 quid. Its the warcraft battlechest it has everything so dontbother paying 20 quid for ech one buy the chest great value.
Wed 28/04/04 at 23:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You're all peons...or something.

Great game. Can't believe I sold it.
Wed 28/04/04 at 23:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, great RTS and should be going cheap now, more than enough incentive to get it.
Wed 28/04/04 at 21:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its an incredible game. Eclipsed only by the expansion, which is perfection.
Wed 28/04/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have heard good things. Some opinions, please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.