GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Painkiller assistance pleez..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Painkiller'.
Thu 29/04/04 at 03:38
Regular
"Stoke me a clipper"
Damn cool game but...

How the bejesus do I defeat the damn Swamp monster??
Chapter 2 level 5 I think...)
Tue 04/05/04 at 16:07
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Go back to bed sunshine, you're messin with the big boys.
Tue 04/05/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Im better then you.
Tue 04/05/04 at 15:15
Regular
Do you think they're good ?

I was just looking at them on the walkthrough section and they've been rated 'Not So Good :(' I think someone is just sitting there rating them not good so they have a better chance at winning.

In my opinion, they're completely fine .. . . and I'm the painkiller master.
Tue 04/05/04 at 07:15
Regular
"Stoke me a clipper"
Possum, you are a legend, managed to defeat that watery blighter... and then the fun really began... :)

Is it just me or are the graphics just superb in this game?

Thanks for your help!
Fri 30/04/04 at 16:56
Regular
The Only advice for this guy is keep running/strafing constantly as he does many attacks i.e the spikes out the floor which aren't too taxing but are painfull on nightmare mode. Also, when he doesn the whirlwind, just run away from it as in turn around and run, you can't strafe from this badboy.

Other than that, get in close to him and just keep firing steaks at him.
With the skeletons that are chasing you, do not worry about them, as long as you're moving, they cannot hit you. When there are like 20 of them behind you, run backwards and fire the grenade launcher rounds at their sides by their feet to avoid hitting you. 3 grenades will kill pretty much all of them.

Also, in the middle of the map is a small area of ruins, jump in and you will find boxes of ammo and health. Armour is dotted around the map.

Attacks: Extendo arm pounding: This is easy to avoid, just run away from him backwards when you see him getting ready to do it. His extendo arms will do a 180 sweep covering a large area and knock you flying.

Spikes from ground: He will make spikes appear under your feet if you are standing still. Again, these are avoidable if you just keep moving and jumping.

Whirlwind: Very deadly and annoying. These will appear and once you're in one, they are very hard to get out of. And if you do get out you will have minimal health. You guessed it, RUN.

Flaming rocks: He will do something occasionally that will make red hot rocks fall from the sky. Just watch out for them. Easily avoided.

Finally, don't walk under him unless you want to be trampled.

Fri 30/04/04 at 00:39
Regular
"notenoughhoursinada"
Any help to get past that giant with the pointed feet in the graveyard 9enclave i think its called.Would be gratefully appreciated.
Thu 29/04/04 at 13:07
Regular
I've posted it on the walkthrough section aswell. I didn't mean to post it in here first.

Hope this helps. If you need any more help, just ask, I'm awesome at it. Not to be big headed.

It's too easy on nightmare mode though.
Thu 29/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
ahh yes the swamp monster, this one had me going for a bit. I'm sure you've figured it out by now but if you haven't here's what you do.

First of all, never touh the water, it is very deadly .You cannot hurt him with any weapons at all until later. Basically, you might notice that he throws explosive gas bubbles at you that blow up when you shoot them. This gave me the idea of shooting the bubbles that appear randomly around the pond and surely enough, they exploded. So what you do is shoot them when he walks near them. Preferably do it with the shotgun.

When his health is about 1/4 down, the bubbles disappear and only about 6 remain around the edge of the pond. Destroy all of these bubbles whih cause fire to spray out and for some reason when they're all blown up, you can hurt him with your weapons. Personally I suggest shooting the swamp monster with your steak gun or the electric pin machine gun weapon . . I'm not sure exactly what it is.

When the fire is spraying out, you can hurt him and he will not attempt to hurt you as he will be putting out the fires. He is very slow so just keep pounding him. Once he has managed to put the 6 fires out, he will begin attacking you again and you just have to repeat the process of destroying those bubbles again then shooting him. To get the gold card on this mission is very easy, just kill the swamp monster in under 4 minutes. SIMPLE.

His attacks: Exploive bubble: Just keep an eye on him and shoot the buble as soon as he throws it, try to keep your distance to avoid getting hit by the blast.

Water claw: He will stand still then thrust his arm into the ater which will make a big clawn come out of the water at a random point around the pond. This is slow bu gets faster when he is more hurt. Just run in the opposite direction when you see it.

Double water Claw: He does this when he is severely hurt. 2 water claws will appear at 2 random points in the swamp. again, juat run away from them.

Fireball: Very painful but easily avoided. Just keep your distance and strafe left or right when he throws it at you. It will just fly past.

Swamp monster defeated. Next time, the guardian with the hammer.
Thu 29/04/04 at 03:38
Regular
"Stoke me a clipper"
Damn cool game but...

How the bejesus do I defeat the damn Swamp monster??
Chapter 2 level 5 I think...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.