GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In an enquiry costing millions...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 08:17
Regular
What? How is that possible?

How can an enquiry cost millions? A few people looking at a bunch of records going back over a decade or so.

That costs millions?

How?

Maybe it's the same way that a bus stop costs more to put up than a conservatory.
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:49
Regular
Another thing to consider is that equipment may be need. Evidence may need to be analised. COmputers will be required and office space. Also must enquirys do not need to just work out what happened (for the rain disasters we knew what had happened pretty quickly) but to also work out how to stop it from happening again.

This should cost up to a million but you have to times by 10 so that you can buy in the big reels of red tape.
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:24
Regular
Meka: Official Enquirer into everything, answer guarunteed with 5 minutes!

Sorted.
Thu 19/07/01 at 12:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Beurocracy.

Millions wasted on red tape, assistants and expenses.
Thu 19/07/01 at 12:26
Regular
"not dead"
Well lets use a rail disaster as an example.

Fact: Train crashed.

Why? I don't know, let's have an enquiry.

How many people does it really take to find this out?

Not hundreds.

And how long does it take? Not years.

If it does then there's something seriously wrong with the people that they're overpaying to come to these conclusions!

More often that not there's a simple answer too.

The train crashed because the track was broken. The track was broken because there isn't a proper plan in action to find and replace dodgy parts of track.

Enquiry closed.
Thu 19/07/01 at 12:17
Regular
£8000 to build a wall does sound a bit steep.

As I say, it depends on the enquiry. If you have hundreds of people working for a couple of years, it's going to add up.

As you haven't said what the enquiry was on I can't say whether it was worth it, but if it was something serious then is it not worth spending the money to get the answers?
Thu 19/07/01 at 12:11
Regular
"not dead"
But honestly, think about it. An ebquiry is all about getting the facts, finding out what happened, and why.

I'd like to know exactly how doing this can total millions of pounds?

It doesn't require expensive equipment, just researching stuff, asking questions.

Somebody tell me exactly what would cost so much?

And does it really cost £8000 to build a wall?
Thu 19/07/01 at 12:02
Regular
Exactly, it depends doesn't it.

If it's for some major accident where 100's of people died, then yes it seems reasonable.

If it's just to see how much taffic goes along a road each day, then no, it's blatantly well over the top.
Thu 19/07/01 at 11:37
Depends what kind of enquiry it is, its not just about going through records.
Thu 19/07/01 at 11:36
Regular
"not dead"
It doesn't matter which enquiry.

No enquiry should cost millions should it?

Where do these ridiculous figures come from?

Am I really supposed to believe that the local council spent £8000 repairing the charch wall?
Thu 19/07/01 at 09:36
Regular
What enquiry?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.