GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega games on PS2 (a must read)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 00:16
Regular
Think about it for a minute.
Sega certainly had their ups and downs. Mega Drive system was loved by everyone and I remember not so long ago going to my local gameshop and marvelling at the quality of all the games for the machine.
Then came Sega Saturn. But who bothered? The price was absolutely outrageous and the games did not live up to the hype. Sega should have stuck with Mega Drive and get some new games out instead of producing Saturn

Then came the breakthrough. With Nintendo and Sony releasing their powerful and groundbraking (spelling?) consoles, Sega felt a little bit left out. So out came the Dreamcast. Sega hoped that with that console under its wings, they are going to win the console war and prove to the world that they are in charge. They marketed the console in many possible ways, even signing a sponsorship deal with the Gunners. The opportunity to access the Internet and play other gamers across the world should have made sure of even more people buying it.

1-0 to Sega?? No, its more like Sega scoring an own goal. The console flopped despite having some brilliant games and one and a half year after it was first released Sega decided to stop making the consoles.
And a right decision it was too.
Sega have thought for a bit and decided to start making games for other consoles.

So now we suddenly see a huge number of games created by Sega appearing on the beloved PS2 and suddenly every PS2 owner loves Sega. Yes the same Sega that was taken the mick out off few months ago by every PS and PS2 magasine in the UK.

And the most important thing is that these games are GOOD. With the distinctive lack of brilliant games on the PS2, Sega decided to bring all the Dreamcast classics on the PS2.

The list is endless: Resident Evil CV, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter etc.

Sega didnt leave out the X-Box or Gamecube either. Sure enough Sega is bringing out some quality titles for these machines.

Anyway my point is that Sega actually started thinking of making our lives better by dishing out some great games and I am sure they will continue to do so in the future. When they will finish bringing out Dreamcast games on the PS2, they will think of something exclusive and new.

Sega have realised that they are better off making games rather then spending millions on making consoles that will most likely flop (with PS2 growing stronger every day)

As PSW like saying "Its a good time to be a PS2 owner"

Anyway if you had enough patience reading through all this, post your thoughts here please. I would love to hear what you lot think
Sat 21/07/01 at 21:44
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i own a gba , and sonic for the gba !!!! YES !!!! megadrive mania coming to gba !!! YES , earthworm jim , chu chu rocket !!!! this is certainly a great day for gamers !!
Thu 19/07/01 at 20:36
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
cool :)
Thu 19/07/01 at 20:31
Regular
Virtua Tennis 2 rumoured to be headed for PS2.
Thu 19/07/01 at 20:28
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
will virtua tennis be served up onto the PS2.that games the best.
Thu 19/07/01 at 20:11
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Sorry ResEvil fan. Just mixed the companies up a little bit.
Thu 19/07/01 at 09:10
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dude Resident Evil CV is from capcom not sega, Alot of the dreamcast games are converting to the PS2.

Sega games are like crazy taxi,space channel 5 etc and acclaim propably will convert them.

talking of games i heard that half life is on it's way to the PS2 with online capabilities or sommin like that.
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:47
Yeah I agree with Sega making games for other consoles 100%, although seeing a Sega logo in a game on a Nintendo cosole would take some getting used to.

I hope other companies follow Segas lead because at then end of the day I'd prefer one or two consoles with huge catalogues of quality games to five consoles each with their own companies making games for their consoles, get the idea?

I never used to like Sega (I bought a NES and a SNES instead of Master System, Megadrive etc.), but they've gained my respect by swallowing their pride and having the guts to release their games on other companies consoles. Especially since Sega are releasing some amazing looking games for PS2.
Thu 19/07/01 at 00:16
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Think about it for a minute.
Sega certainly had their ups and downs. Mega Drive system was loved by everyone and I remember not so long ago going to my local gameshop and marvelling at the quality of all the games for the machine.
Then came Sega Saturn. But who bothered? The price was absolutely outrageous and the games did not live up to the hype. Sega should have stuck with Mega Drive and get some new games out instead of producing Saturn

Then came the breakthrough. With Nintendo and Sony releasing their powerful and groundbraking (spelling?) consoles, Sega felt a little bit left out. So out came the Dreamcast. Sega hoped that with that console under its wings, they are going to win the console war and prove to the world that they are in charge. They marketed the console in many possible ways, even signing a sponsorship deal with the Gunners. The opportunity to access the Internet and play other gamers across the world should have made sure of even more people buying it.

1-0 to Sega?? No, its more like Sega scoring an own goal. The console flopped despite having some brilliant games and one and a half year after it was first released Sega decided to stop making the consoles.
And a right decision it was too.
Sega have thought for a bit and decided to start making games for other consoles.

So now we suddenly see a huge number of games created by Sega appearing on the beloved PS2 and suddenly every PS2 owner loves Sega. Yes the same Sega that was taken the mick out off few months ago by every PS and PS2 magasine in the UK.

And the most important thing is that these games are GOOD. With the distinctive lack of brilliant games on the PS2, Sega decided to bring all the Dreamcast classics on the PS2.

The list is endless: Resident Evil CV, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter etc.

Sega didnt leave out the X-Box or Gamecube either. Sure enough Sega is bringing out some quality titles for these machines.

Anyway my point is that Sega actually started thinking of making our lives better by dishing out some great games and I am sure they will continue to do so in the future. When they will finish bringing out Dreamcast games on the PS2, they will think of something exclusive and new.

Sega have realised that they are better off making games rather then spending millions on making consoles that will most likely flop (with PS2 growing stronger every day)

As PSW like saying "Its a good time to be a PS2 owner"

Anyway if you had enough patience reading through all this, post your thoughts here please. I would love to hear what you lot think

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.