GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawk's Project 8..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tony Hawk's Project 8'.
Fri 12/01/07 at 00:15
Regular
Is without a doubt the finest game in the series and one of my favourites of recent times. Gone are the sadly implemented Jackass style gameplay elements with cars and BMX sections and back is the classic god like gameplay which made the first 4 Tony Hawk games so damn fun to play.

Completely open world where you can go anywhere and do anything. Be warned though it's insanely hard if you are wanting to go all the way to number 1, it's wanting to put your fist into a wall hard at times when you bail on the same challenge 3 hours in a row, but that said it is such an amazingly sweet game.

So anyone who read the editorial reviews which don't go near to doing the game justice, there is absolutely minimal slowdown, certainly not frame rate issues that hamper the gameplay, just a few pauses when switching into certain areas. Graphics are t*t spankingly gorgeous but most of all it plays like a dream and replayability goes as far as your interest. It has great pick up and play value as you aren't forced into 2 minute classic events, you can free skate or even chill out in Career finding gaps and stuff.

Big thumbs up for a top quality game which get's the Hawk series back on track.
Tue 23/01/07 at 22:37
Regular
"lets go back"
Apparently you dont have to press to revert now. And manuals can be done with a single button press. This is all on the current gen (PS2 and XBOX) versions. I dont know about the 360.
Wed 17/01/07 at 20:07
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Geffdof wrote:
> I also heard that they changed the
> controlls. It was someting to do with manuals or reverts.
You mean they dumbed down reverts? How the hell did they go about that?
Tue 16/01/07 at 22:22
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've got the 360 version. It plays like all the previous TH games.
Tue 16/01/07 at 21:23
Regular
"lets go back"
What console did you play it on? The current gen and next gen versions differ apparently. I also heard that they changed the controlls. It was someting to do with manuals or reverts. I cant remember what it was now, but it sounded like it was really dumbed down so I didnt bother buying it.
Sun 14/01/07 at 16:14
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I liked all the THUG games and American wasteland, but yeah, THPS 4 is one of my favourites.
And I'll just point out that you don't have to swear to get a point across, so stop it.
Fri 12/01/07 at 12:21
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Yeah, it's certainly the best one for a few years now. THUG2 and American Wasteland were both big disappointments for me. They were getting ridiculous with all the rubbish you could do on them.

My favourite of the series still has to be Pro Skater 3 though. It's one of my top ten games of all time.
Fri 12/01/07 at 00:15
Regular
Is without a doubt the finest game in the series and one of my favourites of recent times. Gone are the sadly implemented Jackass style gameplay elements with cars and BMX sections and back is the classic god like gameplay which made the first 4 Tony Hawk games so damn fun to play.

Completely open world where you can go anywhere and do anything. Be warned though it's insanely hard if you are wanting to go all the way to number 1, it's wanting to put your fist into a wall hard at times when you bail on the same challenge 3 hours in a row, but that said it is such an amazingly sweet game.

So anyone who read the editorial reviews which don't go near to doing the game justice, there is absolutely minimal slowdown, certainly not frame rate issues that hamper the gameplay, just a few pauses when switching into certain areas. Graphics are t*t spankingly gorgeous but most of all it plays like a dream and replayability goes as far as your interest. It has great pick up and play value as you aren't forced into 2 minute classic events, you can free skate or even chill out in Career finding gaps and stuff.

Big thumbs up for a top quality game which get's the Hawk series back on track.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.