GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman Contracts, first impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman Contracts'.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:11
Regular
Magnifique!

Loving the new dark atmosphere, loving the new weapons, loving the game as a whole, fooking marvelous. The first mission carries on straight from the end on the first Hitman as you go back to the Asylum to kill all of your brothers and the man who started the cloning cycle. Anyone wanting to know the original story etc I would highly advice getting the original, even if it's for the fact that it remains a truly excellent game and it doesn't require a huge PC to run it.

Done 3 missions so far, the most interesting being the meat factory one, purely for the fact that the atmosphere and surroundings are so dark and gritty that it makes me wonder why PTA moms across America haven't put up more of a fight to get some of the stuff censored.

"Warning guard found a dead Wh**e", ho ho ho.

Liking the impreved character physics as well, the way he now holds the rifles is far more realistic and the ragdol physics have been muchly improved to remove some of the clipping issues from the previous two encounters. Another big bonus is the newly improved lighting effects and reflection effects that really help to add a smash of realism into the game. It is more satisfying than ever before to walk into a room with dual Hardballers taking out all the unsuspecting people, especially when you see their massive amounts of blood splattered all over the walls.

Once again though IO Interactive have surpassed themselves. The original was superb, the second added to that, then there was the excellent Freedom Fighters and now a sequel truly worthy of the Hitman name.

All that is left to say it... OXM close your bum cheeks ;)
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:11
Regular
Magnifique!

Loving the new dark atmosphere, loving the new weapons, loving the game as a whole, fooking marvelous. The first mission carries on straight from the end on the first Hitman as you go back to the Asylum to kill all of your brothers and the man who started the cloning cycle. Anyone wanting to know the original story etc I would highly advice getting the original, even if it's for the fact that it remains a truly excellent game and it doesn't require a huge PC to run it.

Done 3 missions so far, the most interesting being the meat factory one, purely for the fact that the atmosphere and surroundings are so dark and gritty that it makes me wonder why PTA moms across America haven't put up more of a fight to get some of the stuff censored.

"Warning guard found a dead Wh**e", ho ho ho.

Liking the impreved character physics as well, the way he now holds the rifles is far more realistic and the ragdol physics have been muchly improved to remove some of the clipping issues from the previous two encounters. Another big bonus is the newly improved lighting effects and reflection effects that really help to add a smash of realism into the game. It is more satisfying than ever before to walk into a room with dual Hardballers taking out all the unsuspecting people, especially when you see their massive amounts of blood splattered all over the walls.

Once again though IO Interactive have surpassed themselves. The original was superb, the second added to that, then there was the excellent Freedom Fighters and now a sequel truly worthy of the Hitman name.

All that is left to say it... OXM close your bum cheeks ;)
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:19
Regular
Over the last few days I've been mulling over getting either this, Ninja Gaiden or Deus Ex, and I chose the latter. All three are looking mighty fine, though.

Been on any missions from the first two games yet?
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:20
Regular
First two games? If you mean the first two Hitman games I have completed both many times.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:20
Regular
I mean the remade missions from the first two... just wonderign what kind of improvements have been made and which ones feature in it.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:22
Regular
OXM give it a bad review, did they? They're a complete bunch of idiots, in my opinion. I bought two copies of the mag and was so disgusted with the content, I just vowed there and then to never buy another copy.

Oh, and good choice, Rik, Deus Ex 2 is a great game.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:23
Regular
No not yet, unless you count the first mission which isn't remade but it's in the same location, the Asylum. From the trailer I have seen it appears the excellent Hotel mission is in there where you have to execute the fat man in the shower.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:25
Regular
Someone I know gets it and after playing a demo of Hitman Contracts and reading the review they seem to think all Hitman games are 'crap'. Even though Hitman 2 is far better than Splinter Cell. You need to give Hitman a bit of time before you fully get into, then when you compare it with other, mor linear stealth games you realise how brilliant it is.

Oh, and I love the new Splinter Cell. Which is saying something.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Touched!"
I think it's harsh to attack OXM, i've seen it receive a few bad reviews from other sites/mags too, I am gonna pick this up at some point but it's a game you will love or hate, this one looks the best of the the 3 though!
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
Why is it harsh? OXM are complete A-Holes. CIt doesn't take a genius to look and laugh at their review scores.

Oh and Rikoss, I wasn't much of a fan of the original Splinter Cell, the sequel is excellent though. Still prefer the Hitman series though, not quite as enjoyable as Metal Gear but it's not far behind.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:32
Regular
I almost claimed Metal Gear Solid, too, but I wasn't really too keen on the PSOne version. Haven't played it much, but still didn't like it much from what I did play.

When I get a bit of cash I'll have to get both Hitman and MGS, Silicon Knights are geniuses so I really want to give Twin Snakes a go, even if I don't like it I can still sell it at near-full price on eBay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.