GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just Released Domain Names"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 19:26
Regular
The following extensions have just been released (.shop, .sport, .club, .mp3, .family, .travel, .free and yes .xxx! ) and I was wondering whether you think they are worth investing in?

Will they soon become as popular as the .com, .net, .co.uk?

Will Search Engines except them?

Or is this all a big con?
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:26
Regular
The following extensions have just been released (.shop, .sport, .club, .mp3, .family, .travel, .free and yes .xxx! ) and I was wondering whether you think they are worth investing in?

Will they soon become as popular as the .com, .net, .co.uk?

Will Search Engines except them?

Or is this all a big con?
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Personally, most of 'em sound pretty crappy.
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
It's not as great as it first seems..

My understanding of these domains was that the person attempting to view your site had to have some special browser plug-in to enable them to do so. I think it was because these aren't actually fully qualified domains, simply redirects to strange address, and the plugin tells the browser where to go when the viewer types in a domain with one of these suffixes.

Until this plugin starts being distributed as standard with browsers, or a new set of fully qualified domains emerges, I'd stick with the current tried and tested options.
Wed 18/07/01 at 23:51
Regular
Thanks.... It think I'll do that
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:29
All it is is another way of getting you to part with your cash. Read it as greed on the part of the administering body.Oh sure they'll say it will give you a unique prescense on the net along with the other billion users.

Personally I think its pants.
Mon 23/07/01 at 15:14
Regular
One thing to remember is that this is not the workof the evil (should I be saying taht) NSI registrry but instead another company trying to get in on the act. If the NSi decided to sell .shop domains then new.net would have a lot of angry customers on their hands.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.