GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what would we have now if..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 17:20
Regular
ok the gba has recently being released and im in love with it! but theres is very little competition for the gba. when the original gameboy came out, it had a battle with the game gear. On one hand you had a game gear in full colour and the infamous sonic plus a tv tuner. In the other hand you ever you had a mono gaming system with mario and little more than an fm tuner.

From the description which one would you go for. i would go for the game gear it seems inferior to the gameboy. But as time went on the gameboy dominated the handheld market and the game gear slowly faded out into nothing.

If the gamegear had lived on and battered the gameboy blue and black do you think we would have the gba today? i dont i think we would have a GGA (game gear advance) or something similar. But as sega has stopped making hardware we get all the great sega games on the gameboy advance.

Therefore we now kind of have a mix of the gamegear and the gameboy only a lot more advanced. We also have the support of sega so we get all the great classics, like sonic.

What do you think we would now have if the game gear had kicked butt?
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:52
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Saying that I think I heard a while back that a company(not sega) was going to re-release the game gear, I opted for the game boy 11 years ago but always wondered what it would be like to have a game gear!!.
Wed 18/07/01 at 17:20
ok the gba has recently being released and im in love with it! but theres is very little competition for the gba. when the original gameboy came out, it had a battle with the game gear. On one hand you had a game gear in full colour and the infamous sonic plus a tv tuner. In the other hand you ever you had a mono gaming system with mario and little more than an fm tuner.

From the description which one would you go for. i would go for the game gear it seems inferior to the gameboy. But as time went on the gameboy dominated the handheld market and the game gear slowly faded out into nothing.

If the gamegear had lived on and battered the gameboy blue and black do you think we would have the gba today? i dont i think we would have a GGA (game gear advance) or something similar. But as sega has stopped making hardware we get all the great sega games on the gameboy advance.

Therefore we now kind of have a mix of the gamegear and the gameboy only a lot more advanced. We also have the support of sega so we get all the great classics, like sonic.

What do you think we would now have if the game gear had kicked butt?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.