GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just completed.... Final Fantasy X 2."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Sun 02/05/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I know that Mav always does this so I'm going to aswell.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Yesterday I completed it 55% and I am currently playing New Game Plus to get 100%. I liked the final boss fights against the Vegnagun head and Shuyin. They were fun. All in all, I loved the game and even although it was quite easy to complete it would be one of my favourite Playstation Two games. I clocked up 60 hours and got everyone's level to about 75. I also enjoyed fighting the tough guys such as Omega Weapon, Claret Dragon, Earthworm and others in the Heart of the Farplane. I mastered the Warrior dressphere for all and I mastered the White Mage dressphere for Yuna. I also got the Lady luck dressphere up to 75% for all and I got the Gun Mage up to 88% for Paine. I got almost every dressphere. I think I mised out on five. I heard that there were Dark Knight, Mascot and Full Throttle dresspheres that I couldn't find. I also got 25 Al-Bhed Primers. Every one expect 'L' I think. I loved the new Active Battle System in fighting and I hope they use it in Final Fantasy 12 or whatever the next Final Fantasy game will be. My favourite character was Nooj as he reminded me of Auron in Final Fantasy X.

Wakka's Final Thought

When I complete most games, the just lie on the shelf and become dust collecters like Manhunt. But Final Fantasy X is an exception. It is a truly wonderful game which I will play agin and again until I reach the perfect 100% completiton rating. I love this game and it was very addictive. It was much better than Final Fantasy 10 and was more enjoyable.

What did you guys think of the game?
Sat 08/05/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Balls"
mwhahahahaha, yes the puny human is correct.
Sat 08/05/04 at 14:25
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
Morbo!! Hello little man I will destroy you!!!!

From Futurama right?
Fri 07/05/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
;-) No, it wasn't you, grandpa!
Fri 07/05/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Balls"
Wakka wrote:

> Mind you, I did laugh at an old man who tripped over a cone in
> Glasgow yesterday!

well im not as young as i used to be
Fri 07/05/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Electrum wrote:
> Wibble wobble I give it one egg out of five wibble wobble.
>
> Sorry about that!

Don't be sorry. I burst out laughing! ;-)

Mind you, I did laugh at an old man who tripped over a cone in Glasgow yesterday!
Fri 07/05/04 at 21:02
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
FFX-2?

(In my opinion) Terrible terrible terrible game.

Absolute tosh. As a fan of the series I expected to be treated to a feast of an epic and absorbing storyline, not a wafer of flimsy J-pop pap. The characterisation is poor at the best of times, and although there are some generally funny moments reminiscent of FF7 they are few and far between and while waiting for them we are force fed cliched romance and boring predictable plot 'twists'.

The battle system is the saving grace to the game, though the lack of crossover jobs and the poorly implemented dressphere system (which could have been cracking but instead was just Ok) will make the game feel like a mismash of missed opportunities right up to the very welcome end.

Which leads us on to the 'ending' (although this name is rendered invalid by the 'New game +' . Shuyin is a terrible boss, and pathetically easy at that.

Admittable the true fun will come from mastery, and replaying, but fans and newbies should not have to endure the rest of the slog to get to this, a little immediacy would be nice.

Wibble wobble I give it one egg out of five wibble wobble.

Sorry about that!
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Cheers! :)
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Cheers fragout, I'll bear that in mind, although at this early a stage in the game I don't really expect to be fighting anything to powerful :)

Oh and welcome to the forums, should have said that in the longest thread :)
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Little hint for you, even though missions don't come up at each chapter, every place has something to do in it! Boosts ya score plus builds yer characters no-end + needed if you want all yer dress-spheres built up
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Started playing this last weekend, only spent about 3 or 4 hours playing it and since then haven't had the chance to pick it up and play again. :(

Took me a little while to get the hang of the dress spheres and changing around the grid, didn't realise that you could only move one square or position at a time to start with but worked that out quite quickly :)

Managed to get wiped out getting the 2nd or 3rd orb thingy at Zanakind (sp) by the dragon as when I went into battle I only had Rikku alive and no phoenix downs in my inventory, wasn't impressed with that strategy!

Will try and get some gametime next week when I've finished some more decorating so expect some questions soon :)

Oh and thoughts so far, pretty cool in the usual FF way :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.