GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is anyone dissapointed in the gamenoy advance? not me!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 16:44
Regular
this has got to be one of the best purchases of my life! i bought it with tony hawks 2 and since then have bought mario advance, f-zero and rayman. The playability of its great, almost inspiring!

SInce i bought my gba i haven't played on my ps2 at all! it hasnt even being setup!

DO you regret your purchase or love it like me?
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:56
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah my only gripe is the screen is too dark
Thu 26/07/01 at 09:25
i think the gameboy advanc eis a top notch console for portable gaming. Some people like to compplain about the screen being too dark, but i didn't even notice it until someone started moaning about it at me - and i have a gb colour and mono. People are too picky, they can always find something to complain about with even the best consoles.
Tue 24/07/01 at 07:47
Regular
"DS..."
f-zero is a class game, but i just can't seem to unlock any of the additional ships! can some one please tell me what you have to do to unlock at least the first ship!
slik !_!
Mon 23/07/01 at 22:06
One question. After completing Mario, wouldn't the game be totally useless? I don't know I'm asking you. I know that there is the original multiplayer game but the playability to it would be limited. F Zero is fuqing mad game though. Killer graphics killer playability.

Here's my tips to bust out the record times.

Pawn.

Bianca City:
Use the boost just before you get to the ramp and take a short cut over the corner, be careful though. As you're boost is still on cross straight through the rough terrainstaying to the left side and continue this through the rough terrain around the corner. Then keep straight and drive carefully me lad.
MY TIME: 2'11'82

Stark Farm.
Obviously the worst place to use to boost is where there are many tight corners. So the best place to use the boost is the chicane (don't know how to spell it) at the end. There you'll pick iup speed right after the turn and whizz through the rouggh terrain so you could drive straight through the four corners and straight own the home straight. Feeble tip but anyway.
MY TIME: 2'26'89

Empyrean Colony.
The same as Stark Farm the last two bend bust out the booster. and go stright.
MY TIME: 2'23'64

Stark Farm
Use boost when you get to the splited rought terrain, there you boost and use the angled bend at the first left corner to direct you stick to it and do a mega U-turn when suitable, trying to stick to the left side towards the home straight.
MY TIME: 2'22'40

Cloud Carpet.

This one is wicked. Use the boost when you get to the ramp and turn left in the air. You should have plenty of boost power to take a phat, yes PHAT short sut. Obviously guild you machine Look at the map. You know what to do.
MY TIME: 2'30'79

KNIGHT

Tenth Zone Test.
Remember that whoever fast you go the other machines will always stay close so use the boost when you're very far behind or is you stable, towards the end of the track to ensure that you are in front.
MY TIME: 2'13'62

Beacon Port.
Like above.
MY TIME: 2'42'21

Synobazz
Basically use after the ramp, anywhere before you'll hit to mines or bash into the corners. In the U turn move left on left go of the A buton and use the right shoulder button to spin around whilst tapping A.You may want to use to boost down the home straigh but if you're far behind you should use it after the ramp as you won't have enough time to catch up with the other machines.
MY TIME: 2'55'15

Ancient Mesa.
Use boost just before you get to the ramp, look at the map you can see that you'll be able to make it to the hom straight in one jump. Just approach the ramp at an angle and spin the car around. Wicked
MY TIME: 2'55'70

Stark Farm
Take to route to the left of the car. This is because if you use the ight track, it's more difficult to control the car after the dashes. Use the boost at the last corner.
MY TIME: 2'14'12

BISHOP

Bianca City
Simply use at the cirling corner towards the end.
MY TIME: 2'00'83

Ancient Mesa
Just use at the last turn also. Obviouse control problems if you use it across the ice.
MY TIME: 2'11'52

Crater Land
Use the boost when you get to the sliding floor. But kepp straight dammit, straight and use the shoulder buttons.
MY TIME: 1'58'88

Cloud Carpet.
Like the previouse Cloud Carpet, use the boost before you get to the ramp at the end of the circuit cutting a massive 4 seconds off you time, every lap.
MY TIME: 2'24'86

QUEEN (I've only done this circuit a few times)

Crater Land
Whenever you want or towards the end.
MY TIME: 1'47'68

Tenthe Zone Test
After the last jump.
MY TIME: 2'49'55

Empyrean Colony
This circuit is a pain. You can't always get the lap you disire for the obviouse reason. But use the boost down the home straight or use them on the second batch of twisters and keep to the sides.
MY TIME: 2'10'06

Fire Field.
This is also a pain both of these are down to experience and luck, use boost at the end.
MY TIME: 2'28'41

Fire Field
Use boost at home straight and know the circuit throroughly.
MY TIME: 2'09'65

That's about it. Tell me about you're tips so I could improve my time. Tell me if you've busted my time as well so I have goal to try and beat. Damn it's taken me two hours to write this coz I've been playing with the GBA all the time whilst looking at the tips.
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:03
Everyone, do NOT buy Ready 2 Rumble 2.
Mon 23/07/01 at 14:45
The Gameboy Advance is an amazing piece of hardware, but It's not that I'm dissapointed, I'm just waiting for the really significant titles (Mario Kart, Street Fighter) to make an appearance, ones that will really show the hand-held off, because I know these will be released, and make the GBA more essential than it already is. F-Zero is one of the best games I've played in my life by the way, it's easily the best version in the series!
Sat 21/07/01 at 18:58
hey rik! i think its a gr8 game but its a bit hard
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:07
Regular
"Bah"
Yes this is far better than the whole of the rest of the game boy series and the neo geo,game swan etc,its shear class although i found that the screen was quite dark to look at.Go to the left and order one from special reserves today and find out what you are missing out on!
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:24
The framerate in Rayman is horrible, especially when you're riding that animal and moving fast. The screen judders as if the GBA is being thrown around the room.
Sat 21/07/01 at 10:22
have you seen rayman? the screenshots dont do it justice, i recommend that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.