GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prize winning attempt !"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 13:22
Regular
OK, here is my latest attempt to win a prize in Gameaday.
It is my sad story of what happens when you spend a night out with the latest PS2 Top 20 (as listed on special reserve)....

I knew that I'd had far too much to drink on the night before, because I had only a SHADOW OF MEMORIES of watching the RUGBY, before before heading off to a pub where, unfortunately, the MTV MUSIC GENERATOR had broken down and everyone had to be content with watching the INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER game on the TV.

After the soccer I went to get a drink but when I got back my seat had been TEKKEN. TAG TOURNAMENT style fighting soon broke out and (since it was a celebrity bar) nothing could be seen except for STAR WARS in every corner. Eventually, not wanting to face EXTERMINATION, I agreed to let THE BOUNCER call a me CRAZY TAXI from NBA STREET.

I woke up looking like someone who had just made an ESCAPE FROM MONKEY ISLAND, had a shower, washed my hair with FORMULA ONE 2001 and was ready to face the day, apart from the fact that my head felt like it was full of ONIMUSHA WARLORDS. First job was to visit my GRAN, TURISMO,... (she is foreign )!.

When I arrived at grans house I knew I'd be in trouble because I was late and gran and grandad were such TIMESPLITTERS. I rang the bell to SUMMONER (summon her... geddit ?!), but as I did so I accidentally stood on her SNOWBOARD. SUPERCROSS gran answered the door demanding to know what had happened. She was really seeing RED. FACTION, her dog, ran out and bit me on the leg. I winced in pain and looked towards the SKY. ODYSSEY (her cat) jumped from a tree and landed another bite. The pain was so bad that I knew I'd have to go and see doctor MOTO, GP (another foreigner!).
Moral of the story ? Too much PS2 is bad for the health !!

Kev.
Wed 18/07/01 at 13:22
OK, here is my latest attempt to win a prize in Gameaday.
It is my sad story of what happens when you spend a night out with the latest PS2 Top 20 (as listed on special reserve)....

I knew that I'd had far too much to drink on the night before, because I had only a SHADOW OF MEMORIES of watching the RUGBY, before before heading off to a pub where, unfortunately, the MTV MUSIC GENERATOR had broken down and everyone had to be content with watching the INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER game on the TV.

After the soccer I went to get a drink but when I got back my seat had been TEKKEN. TAG TOURNAMENT style fighting soon broke out and (since it was a celebrity bar) nothing could be seen except for STAR WARS in every corner. Eventually, not wanting to face EXTERMINATION, I agreed to let THE BOUNCER call a me CRAZY TAXI from NBA STREET.

I woke up looking like someone who had just made an ESCAPE FROM MONKEY ISLAND, had a shower, washed my hair with FORMULA ONE 2001 and was ready to face the day, apart from the fact that my head felt like it was full of ONIMUSHA WARLORDS. First job was to visit my GRAN, TURISMO,... (she is foreign )!.

When I arrived at grans house I knew I'd be in trouble because I was late and gran and grandad were such TIMESPLITTERS. I rang the bell to SUMMONER (summon her... geddit ?!), but as I did so I accidentally stood on her SNOWBOARD. SUPERCROSS gran answered the door demanding to know what had happened. She was really seeing RED. FACTION, her dog, ran out and bit me on the leg. I winced in pain and looked towards the SKY. ODYSSEY (her cat) jumped from a tree and landed another bite. The pain was so bad that I knew I'd have to go and see doctor MOTO, GP (another foreigner!).
Moral of the story ? Too much PS2 is bad for the health !!

Kev.
Wed 18/07/01 at 13:27
"High polygon count"
Very clever!
Wed 18/07/01 at 13:29
Teeheehee! Thats funny. Cool post, but hee's a little tip: Never, ever say you wrote a topic or post to win a GAD because it won't win.
Wed 18/07/01 at 13:37
wrote:
> DOH !
Thanks for the info. All that effort for nothing then ... !
Wed 18/07/01 at 13:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hey, he was honest.

Kudos for that.

Trick is, complain like an angry person about not winning, sit back and smile.
Wed 18/07/01 at 14:06
wrote:
> I guess I'll just leave myself at the mercy of the Gods.... !

Tune in next month for the next chapter by the way .....
Fri 20/07/01 at 13:34
Cool topic ya,such class but the washing bit oh god! that was funny but most of all the Gran Turismo bit was top class.I couldn't stop laughing.
Brillant my friend
Fri 20/07/01 at 13:43
"High polygon count"
Bewarethetoadsoffate wrote:
> but hee's a little tip: Never, ever say you wrote a topic
> or post to win a GAD because it won't win.

Ha! Shows what you know, mate! ;-p
Fri 20/07/01 at 13:48
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Congrats! Deserved win.
Fri 20/07/01 at 14:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fantastic.

He was honest about his intention, wrote a good post and won.

Top work mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.