GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ASP Questions - Answered by Reaper[oV] and Turbonutter!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/07/01 at 13:03
Regular
I you have any question regarding ASP then post em in here and Reaper[oV] and Turbonutter will answer any of your questions, as they are qualified ASP programmers and enjoy every aspect of ASP! Get typing!
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:57
Regular
Thanks
Thu 26/07/01 at 03:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.php.net is your first stop but a nice, easy tutorial should get you into the swing of things. I can't recommend any as I learnt the hard way (thrown into the deep end and swam), which is also the best way. Anyway, Webmonkey.com have some good tutorials so go there first, then try devshed.com and PHPbuilder.com.
Thu 19/07/01 at 17:49
Regular
""
The internet is the fountain of all knowledge in the 21st Century!!

:)

somewhere like PHPbuilder.com or php3.com will have more examples that you can shake a stick at...
Thu 19/07/01 at 17:07
Regular
Ho w can I use PHP then?

Do you need a programme for this or what?

Help Please :)
Thu 19/07/01 at 11:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The thing is, there are surprisingly more sites that use PHP than you'd realise. Because it runs best on an Apache server, lots of people modify the server config to run .htm and even .asp files through the PHP parser. Because it's free, it's not seen as "cool" amongst many people, but it's still used widely. For example, the Google search engine uses PHP, as well as Sega, and the mighty Special Reserve.

It may be just a scripting language, but it's still mighty powerful. You'd be surprised.
Thu 19/07/01 at 11:53
Regular
Youre pretty good at all this arent you ajg, just read your last 2 posts and they sound pretty complicated.

Thanks for the help with the other post aswell

Dav1d
Thu 19/07/01 at 10:43
Regular
""
Depends what you're in to.

PHP is a scripting language, whereas ASP is a programming language within a script.

Most programmers out there would have probably have started by learning Visual Basic. Great language for beginners. Easy to get to grips with the fundamentals, while being extremly powerful also.

These days alot of us have now turned to Java. Again, JSP is Java embedded within a script (in this case html). Thats why we're seeing a lot more JSP pages. Object Orientated... mmmmm, my favourite! :)

Lets be honest. Most webpages are build by people who have programming experience. Not all, but most. Whats the point of making more work for yourself by learning PHP too?

My opinion, anyway.
ajg
Thu 19/07/01 at 01:42
Regular
Where's this 2000 word essay you promised us on ASP Turbonutter?

We demand an answer! :)
Wed 18/07/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
cjh wrote:
> So, is there really and difference between PHP and ASP ...
> programming wise, I mean???

PHP is much better and simpler. Lots of servers like it as well.
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
So, is there really and difference between PHP and ASP ... programming wise, I mean???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.