GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 Years ago today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/05/04 at 16:32
Regular
Was the European Release of the Gamecube

And One Year ago was the release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Just though I'd point it out incase you'd forgotten

Gawd, can't believe it was two years ago when I finally got my Gamecube, t'was a very happy day

:D
Sun 09/05/04 at 00:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Solskjær wrote:
> showing off the GC-GBA Connectivity, in all it's glory...

Glory? *coughs*

Oh and by the by, would your tag be a certain quote from a certain Guilder the Unfettered, by any chance? ;)
Sat 08/05/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was a little dissapointed to see nothing special happen on May the 3rd of this year, after The Wind Waker's release last year on that date.

I mean, it is still the GameCube's second Birthday...

You'd at least expect some new wallpaper for your PC or something; showing off the GC-GBA Connectivity, in all it's glory... Or something....

?
Sat 08/05/04 at 18:09
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> leflus wrote:
> Go away Memorandum
>
> Why? Because I don't like a console that's for BABIES?

Tell people who care or agree with you.
Sat 08/05/04 at 08:22
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
I think the contoller is just perfect. I got used 2 using it 4 FPS, like XIII, and with every other game I've got, I found easy 2 control, especially SSBM.
I haven't even had my GC 4 2 years yet cos I bought mine the day Mario Sunshine came out, but I've already got 11 games 4 it. I have my 2nd anniversary with my GC in October.
Since it has been 2 years since the GC came out, we should be telling ppl how much uve enjoyed it, and how many games u got. U can also name all the games uve got. Heres my collection, in order of purchase:
1. Super Mario Sunshine
2. Wave Race: Blue Storm
3. Mario Party 4
4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
5. Super Smash Bros Melee
6. Burnout 2: Point of Impact
7. F-Zero GX
8. Mario Kart: Double Dash
9. XIII
10. 1080: Avalanche (I won it in Gameaday!! :D)
11. Viewtiful Joe
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:50
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> The GC controller is fine for FPS?
> What more could you want from it?

It just doesn't feel as good as the 64's pad. Or even the Xbox's pad for the FPS genre (though I agree the cube pad owns for all others).
It feels a little small, neither analogue stick feels right or is positioned quite well enough and none of the shoulder buttons (z included) feels that nice.
I just find that, for fps games, I need a more substaintial pad with 'sturdy' (not quite the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean) analogue sticks positioned such that the thumbs sat comfortably over them (left especially) without having to 'lean into' the pad. I think it's important for natural, uninterupted hand eye co-ordination with 3d games.

Or it could just be because that's what I got used to with the 64's pad. But I don't think so.

Obviously it's a matter of opinion, and that's mine. I always got the impression most people agreed though (about the pad not being best suited to fps games, not necessarily my lame explanation!).

> Play Timesplitters 2.
> If the game is decent then the controller is poifect.

I have, and I disagree.

> It only sucks for that Street Fighter game because you need a D-pad.
> :-)

I always found the d-pad good enough really. But probably only because I have the hori pad for games that use the d-pad as the main direction control instead of the analogue stick.
It's an improvement on the 64's one anyway.
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Teal'c"
I got mine a year and a half ago. It is a mere young hove.
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:37
Regular
It was a brilliant day.

Especially for the graphics that were like no others I'd ever seen.
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I remember the day well.
I got Rogue Squadron in the morning, and had to go the whole day wondering if my GC had come. When I got home, it wasn't there and I was mighty disappointed. But then as my mum was coming through the door, the next-door man handed her the package that had been left with him.
I was ultra excited.
oooh I love memories.
Tue 04/05/04 at 17:28
Regular
Received the Star Wars pack from Special Reserve (GameCube, two controllers, official memory card + Rogue Squadron) on the day of release.
Tue 04/05/04 at 16:02
Regular
"^_^"
Two years and four days for me then..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.