GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 DVD player"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/05/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Time Up"
Yesterday I was watching The Godfather part 2 for the first time, the disc was brand new, and it's never been touched before, and then at a certain part, it paused and a large part of the movie was skipped (about a minute or so). I tried to rewind, but it skips everytime. I thought there was something wrong with the disc, so I tried it on my pc DVD, and it worked perfectly! I mean it worked 100% perfectly, without the slightest pause, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I tried it on my ps2 again, and the same problem happens with the same part, I kept trying it all over agin and again, and nothing worked, I tried to put the ps2 vertically, and 2 seconds of it were played, but still the rest of it didn't seem to exist, I tried it again on my pc, and it was perfect, and then again on the ps2, and I get the same problem... Anyone has a reasonable explanation ? And please don't just ignore me like all the other posts, this is a serious one, if you have any idea about this please tell me, because it has been really bothering, and all the activities of my life had stopped ever since this thing happen.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Time Up"
Hey, I tried to connect my pc to the new TV using the S-video plug, and it appeared black and white, not just the dvd, I mean everything, the whole pc is displayed in black and white when I connect it using the s-video plug, my TV is 100 HZ, and it can receive all signals (pal, ntsc, secam,etc...) I tried to change the display format from the pc options from pal to ntsc and vice versa and it doesn't work, and then when I tried to use the normal audio video plug (composite) it appeared in colours, but it always appears black and white when using s-video, does anyone have any idea about this ?
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Time Up"
Mav wrote:
> Nah, Xbox.
Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please I beg you to try it on a ps2 of one your mates, please I beg you, this is extremely important to me, my father bought me this dvd and it means a lot to me, you don't know the pain I am feeling right now, I couldn't sleep for 2 days, really... , you know, this is the first time I ever see the Godfather, I never saw it before, and this dvd was the 1st. please I beg you from the bottom of my heart, please, it won't cost you anything, it's rather simple, please I beg you please..
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:27
Regular
"The Red Shift"
a rental DVD i got did the same thing.

no problem with the disc though as my friends player proved.
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:22
Regular
Nah, Xbox.
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Time Up"
Mav wrote:
> Yeah, I do.
Did you play it on your ps2 ?
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:33
Regular
Yeah, I do.
Wed 05/05/04 at 13:14
Regular
"Time Up"
Does anyone here own the godfather part 2 on DVD ?
Wed 05/05/04 at 00:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Unless your having problems with other DVDs then i dont think there is a real problem with the PS2. Perhaps theres just some technical reason behind the fact it just cant play the DVD properly.

As Neo said, the DVD player inside the PS2 isnt the best one available, saying that though i have never had a problem with it, and i use it as my main DVD player in my room.

If the problem persists with more than just this one DVD, and if the problem becomes more frequent, all i can suggest is you give Sony a ring and see what they say.
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Your PS2 laser probabaly needs cleaning or balancing.

To tell you the truth, the PS2 DVD player is pretty cack anyway. I prefer to use a proper DVD player to watch DVD's; there are too many issues with the PS2 DVD player.
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Time Up"
Yesterday I was watching The Godfather part 2 for the first time, the disc was brand new, and it's never been touched before, and then at a certain part, it paused and a large part of the movie was skipped (about a minute or so). I tried to rewind, but it skips everytime. I thought there was something wrong with the disc, so I tried it on my pc DVD, and it worked perfectly! I mean it worked 100% perfectly, without the slightest pause, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I tried it on my ps2 again, and the same problem happens with the same part, I kept trying it all over agin and again, and nothing worked, I tried to put the ps2 vertically, and 2 seconds of it were played, but still the rest of it didn't seem to exist, I tried it again on my pc, and it was perfect, and then again on the ps2, and I get the same problem... Anyone has a reasonable explanation ? And please don't just ignore me like all the other posts, this is a serious one, if you have any idea about this please tell me, because it has been really bothering, and all the activities of my life had stopped ever since this thing happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.