GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is there going to be a DVD driver later than 2.10?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Time Up"
Is there ?
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Time Up"
Icaruss wrote:
> Do you have a DVD drive for your PC? You can play it on there, with a
> program such as PowerDVD.
I don't need a program, I have a creative DVD Rom Drive, not a CD-Rom Drive, so I can play them normally, it's just the ps2 has a much clearer picture and I can play it on my new 25" TV with the s-video cable, looks pretty damn good!! I guess nothing is perfect....
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:11
Regular
Do you have a DVD drive for your PC? You can play it on there, with a program such as PowerDVD.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:10
Regular
"Time Up"
It's not worth it, I only have 5 DVD's and only one of them, and it's only 20 seconds or so (not a big deal) and I saw it later anyway on my pc dvd, and i can't rent, so I'll just forget about it, and if someday I wanted so much to see these 20 seconds I'll just play it on my pc.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The driver update is unlikely to solve your problem.

Your best bet is to buy a cheap DVD player, even a new PS2 might not play all your DVD's without the occasional disk skip or pause.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Time Up"
Yes, a part of Disc 1 of the Godfather part 2 skips.
Thu 06/05/04 at 15:21
Regular
Here's a good question; is there anything wrong with playing DVDs on your PS2 now?
Thu 06/05/04 at 11:31
Regular
"Time Up"
I bought my ps2 in 2002, but it says on the back 2001, it's model is 30004, it's dvd driver is 2.10, and it doesn't have a receiver or a remote.
Thu 06/05/04 at 07:52
Regular
I'm not sure what version it is, but it is an update of the earlier PS2 versions. The newer versions may have the upgrade built-in.

How old is your PS2? And did it come with a remote and built-in receiver?
Thu 06/05/04 at 07:49
Regular
"Time Up"
Does the DVD remote come with a driver later than 2.10 ?
Thu 06/05/04 at 06:50
Regular
Er, doesn't the DVD remote come with a driver update? Or is that the 2.10 version you have?

Sorry about the previous post, I should have known you were referring to the PS2, what with this being in the PS forum...

But, you could have been referring to a standalone Sony DVD player or a Sony PC DVD player :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.