GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England vs Sri Lanka (Cricket)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/06/06 at 16:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Anyone been watching the cricket? Bit disappointed with the results so far but I guess with the number of injuries England are contending with they have a bit of an excuse.

Nice to see Harmison back on form now. Also, what do you reckon about Monty Panesar being included in the squad? He proved he could give some power behind the bat at the final test and he normally has a great economy whenever he bowls, which is more essential then getting wickets in an ODI in my opinion.

So what do you think about England's performance at the moment?
Thu 22/06/06 at 16:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Anyone been watching the cricket? Bit disappointed with the results so far but I guess with the number of injuries England are contending with they have a bit of an excuse.

Nice to see Harmison back on form now. Also, what do you reckon about Monty Panesar being included in the squad? He proved he could give some power behind the bat at the final test and he normally has a great economy whenever he bowls, which is more essential then getting wickets in an ODI in my opinion.

So what do you think about England's performance at the moment?
Thu 22/06/06 at 17:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Collingwood has been a legend in the field. England's best fielder by some way I think.

The thing about spinners in ODI's, in my opinion, is that because of the limited overs, batsman are more likely to play them. Spinners tend to be quite expensive as they bowl slowly and get hit out of the ground more.

Saying that, the seamers were pretty expensive so why not give Monty a go? Harmison bowled very well in the last game. They haven't lost by much each time but England haven't done enough with the ball to give themselves a chance.
Thu 22/06/06 at 17:37
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Grandprix wrote:
> Collingwood has been a legend in the field. England's best
> fielder by some way I think.

Yeah definitely and Pietersen has certainly come a long way since the Ashes: he made an awesome covers catch in the last game.

>
> Saying that, the seamers were pretty expensive so why not give
> Monty a go?

Yeah, it would add a nice bit of variety too, so the batsman wouldn't get too comfortable. Dalrymple, the other slow bowler, has been a complete legend so far too with the bat so that's most likly why he was selected over Monty. But I'd like to see two slow bowlers in the team, after all, Sri Lanka seem to be having some luck with their slow bowling attack with Murali and Jayasuriya. Only problem being who would you lose from the team?
Thu 22/06/06 at 17:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The difference with our slow bowlers and Murali is that Murali is a legend. So many wickets and now he's added the doosra (or however it's spelt) to his attack, he's harder than ever to read.

Mahmood wasn't particularly good in the last game, so I'd assume that he could lose his place. I suppose now is the time to tinker as the team needs to be settled for the Ashes.
Sun 25/06/06 at 18:10
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Grandprix wrote:
> Mahmood wasn't particularly good in the last game, so I'd assume
> that he could lose his place.

In all fairness to him, Sri Lanka's batsman have improved vastly since the tests so they deserve credit, but then again England's bowlers have really been struggling to fine a good line and length.

> I suppose now is the time to tinker
> as the team needs to be settled for the Ashes.

Definitely now since yesterday's defeat. Good news about Pietersen today that he isn't injured. Just wondering if they should keep him out of play for the next ODI, just so he can fully recover from any pain though? Don't want to force an injury on him after all.
Sun 25/06/06 at 19:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the Sri Lanka batsmen are happier playing shots than playing defensive. They certainly are a much better one day team.

It's a tricky one about Pietersen. Do you play him to try and avoid the whitewash or just start experimenting?
Tue 27/06/06 at 17:12
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Avoiding the whitewash would give a bit of a much needed confidence boost. But experimenting with other players may uncover a currently hidden talent, who could fill an injured player's position perfectly. 'tis difficult.
Wed 28/06/06 at 16:49
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
It's not looking too bad for England at the moment (130-2, 22 Overs), without Pietersen, so let's hope they can pull this one off.
Wed 28/06/06 at 16:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think England might be in trouble if they lose a couple of wickets. They seem to have a weaker batting lineup than usual.
Wed 28/06/06 at 16:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I thought it is about the same, they also seem to have more all-rounders playing in this ODI than the last, which I'd have thought would definitely benefit them. Seems strange having Strauss batting at number four, any reason for that? Or are they still just experimenting a bit?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.