GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"download limits for gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/05/04 at 14:45
Regular
just about to sign up for broadband and looking at wanadoo with a 2gb a month cap. if i were to game for a few hours each day without downloading music/vids etc, would i exceed this limit?
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:45
Regular
just about to sign up for broadband and looking at wanadoo with a 2gb a month cap. if i were to game for a few hours each day without downloading music/vids etc, would i exceed this limit?
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Teal'c"
Easily I'd say, 2gb realy isn't that much, especially for online gaming.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:51
Regular
Capped packages are crap if you're gaming. They're really for casual web browsers.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I don't really know how much data's transferred during gaming, but I reckon you could get there quite easily when combined with browsing and any other things. 2 gig a month seems really stingy though, I mean I can easily clock up 2 gigs in a few days/maybe a week. According to my router I've downloaded 1.7 over the last three days and I finished my last big download last weekend.
Which is making me curious as to quite how I've downloaded so much.
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:40
Regular
nice one fellas, looks like i'll be blowing a few more cobwebs off my wallet!!!!
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:53
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
smivvers wrote:
> nice one fellas, looks like i'll be blowing a few more cobwebs off my
> wallet!!!!

I have AOL Broadband and would suggest it for about £28.99 a month, however if your short of money go for Tiscali Broadband (3x father than dial up) for a mere £15 a month. Hope this helps!
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:59
Regular
"bing bang bong"
There's no way in hell you'll get near 2GB a month through just gaming, although bandwidth caps suck anyway.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I have AOL Broadband

Do not listen to this man.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yes. AOL is utter rubbish. It mucks up your settings and stops you from changing them, slows down your connection, and is generally unrelible. If you want Broadband, get BT or Freeserve/Wannadoo.
Fri 07/05/04 at 20:46
Regular
"dont like me bite m"
i have bt broadband and dowload loads and i mean loads of big roms and never have any probs 29.99 a month but well worth it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.