GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"download limits for gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/05/04 at 14:45
Regular
just about to sign up for broadband and looking at wanadoo with a 2gb a month cap. if i were to game for a few hours each day without downloading music/vids etc, would i exceed this limit?
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:54
Regular
I have Wanadoo Broadband and I play online, download and browse and I've never capped the limit. These fools don't know.
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:35
Regular
"red faction rocks"
For a great isp with no caps and no blocks on p2p check out plusnet.
packages start at 14.99,but for all in free modem and connection £24.99 thats with 512 down and 256 up.
250mb of webspace and they host games servers.heres a link to my site the chat rooms not running at the mo but itll take u directly to plusnet.[url]http://fp.lecro.plus.com/chatroom.htm[url]
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:06
Regular
"who wrote that?"
There is always freeola 512k broadband which is 26.99 and that is unlimited with a website
Fri 07/05/04 at 22:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> I have AOL Broadband
>
> Do not listen to this man.

2nded :D He even mentions Tiscali which are one of the worst ISPs you could ever go to.

smivvers if your not too interested in downloading loads then look at Pipex and other people apart from Tiscali who offer 150K and 250K packages. £15.99 gets you 150K unlimited so about 3-4 times the speed of dial up, but more importantly it will have the same pings as you would get from 512K or 1Mb. There are also plenty of services that are £23-25 that are 512K unlimited. You can find some even cheaper, but they sometimes block P2P, so if your not interested in that then maybe its an option.

Go to [URL]http://www.adslguide.org.uk[/URL] and look at the different ISPs.
Fri 07/05/04 at 20:46
Regular
"dont like me bite m"
i have bt broadband and dowload loads and i mean loads of big roms and never have any probs 29.99 a month but well worth it
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yes. AOL is utter rubbish. It mucks up your settings and stops you from changing them, slows down your connection, and is generally unrelible. If you want Broadband, get BT or Freeserve/Wannadoo.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I have AOL Broadband

Do not listen to this man.
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:59
Regular
"bing bang bong"
There's no way in hell you'll get near 2GB a month through just gaming, although bandwidth caps suck anyway.
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:53
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
smivvers wrote:
> nice one fellas, looks like i'll be blowing a few more cobwebs off my
> wallet!!!!

I have AOL Broadband and would suggest it for about £28.99 a month, however if your short of money go for Tiscali Broadband (3x father than dial up) for a mere £15 a month. Hope this helps!
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:40
Regular
nice one fellas, looks like i'll be blowing a few more cobwebs off my wallet!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.