GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sega games are straying from their roots..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/05/04 at 13:31
Regular
"??????"
Why is Sega making their games stray from their original way of playing?

This new three-characters-at-a-time thing in the Sonic series is all well and good, but probably ALL the Sonic games will be like that now. And apparently this may happen in Sonic Advance III in a similar way.

And also, Shinobi. I can't really get into Shinobi in 3-D.

So why are Sega doing this? Do they just think it makes them more "modern"?

P.S. I've heard something about Sonic Mega Collection on PS2. Is this true?
Sun 09/05/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Games developers always have to try something new to keep things fresh. But I agree with you, I didn't like using three characters all at once in Heroes, but then again plenty of people did like it so SEGA still made their money.

If you want good classic SEGA stuff get yourself a Mega-Drive if you haven't got one already, that's what I did. As for Sonic Mega Collection being released on PS2, I haven't heard anything about it.
Sun 09/05/04 at 13:31
Regular
"??????"
Why is Sega making their games stray from their original way of playing?

This new three-characters-at-a-time thing in the Sonic series is all well and good, but probably ALL the Sonic games will be like that now. And apparently this may happen in Sonic Advance III in a similar way.

And also, Shinobi. I can't really get into Shinobi in 3-D.

So why are Sega doing this? Do they just think it makes them more "modern"?

P.S. I've heard something about Sonic Mega Collection on PS2. Is this true?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.