GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What way next for GT?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 23:33
Regular
I was wondering what you people think of the future of GT.
Rumours say that the next game will be on-line. I am not too sure how that will work. Should there be any slowdown it may make the game unplayable.
The real-life damage could also make it into the game

Just post your views and see what comes out...
Tue 17/07/01 at 09:14
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I recon the whole on-line thing will be bigger than we think. Racing online is obvious, but then you can download new cars or modifications to your cars, possibly even tracks. You could race on an exclusive online track in a complete online league with high cash rewards (in-game) to buy more cars at home or off the net.

International leagues, world gps of the best drivers with the rest of us being able to watch as if its on tv, the possibilities are endless!

With the transfer rate of broadband it might all be possible. perhaps not streaming tracks, but downloading internet only tracks and then racing them online isnt out of the question, and Polyphony will be wanting to do something really special for the next release - if there is one.
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:29
"High polygon count"
They really need to work on getting the car companies to allow damage.

It's only a few of the manufacturers (UK and European, I believe) that refuse to allow their vehicles to be shown damaged, and because of that, no car can be shown damaged.

Hopefully, with pre-orders of GT3 already having passed the million mark, Polyphony will be in a strong bargaining position when it comes to future games.

Car manufacturers should be falling over themselves to get their car in the game, and this will give polyphony much more leverage. If this isn't the case, I hope they just remove from the game the cars of those manufacturers who refuse.
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:59
I think on-line play and car damage are both good ideas and both quite doable.

However I feel the only real way to advance this series is wit the inclusion of; lasers, rocket launchers, machine guns, mines, smoke screens and oil slicks, the ability to jump, optional moon physics and of course the ability to sabotage or steal your oponent's cars before and during the race!

Roll on GT4 "this time it's personal".
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:38
With broadband there should be no slowdown whatsoever.

Damage would be great too. Come on car manufacturers, let Polyphony smash 'em up!

I have a feeling that GTN WILL have car damage. I dunno why but I think it will...
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:33
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I was wondering what you people think of the future of GT.
Rumours say that the next game will be on-line. I am not too sure how that will work. Should there be any slowdown it may make the game unplayable.
The real-life damage could also make it into the game

Just post your views and see what comes out...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.