GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cunning SEGA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 22:51
Regular
SEGA are dead? Washed up! No more consoles from this might Japanese developer!
But let's just imagine if SEGA did re-enter the Hardware market!

How would they fair?

Due to the Dreamcast's failure millions are getting their mitts on it cheap and so many are playing the Console's games. Now these people love this Console and with more people getting it because of the price drop if they bring out a new console to coincide with the GameSphere, Y Box and Playstation 3 they may get much more support!

But what other advantage will they of gained by becoming a 3rd party developer and coming back to the hardware side of things? Well the Gamecube owners who enjoyed Sonic and Phantasy Star online would think maybe we should get a SEGA as those SEGA games I played on the GC were excellent. SEGA would of grabbed a few Playstation and Microsoft fans as well because they have now witnessed what SEGA can do.

This is a cunning idea and if the GC fails (which it won't) I suspect Nintendo would do the same whilst building up a new powerful system and draw opposing fans away from their console sounds like a good idea to me.

What do you think? Would this be a clever ploy by SEGA?

Dringo
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:26
Regular
It is a cunning plan, one that I've mentioned many times before.
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dringo wrote:
> erm it is more likely the GC will eb released earlier over here
> rumoured Febuary!

Nice one! thats birthday territory :)
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:20
Regular
GBA America = $100
GBA UK = $80

GC America = $200

Now that is double GBA America so double GBA UK

Converted into pounds that doesn't reach the 100 mark a bit more!
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:14
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Yeah only rumoured though. The price of the console in the US will be $199.95
Convert that into pounds and it falls around the £100 mark. But really i cant see Nintendo releasing it for that price. Expect it to release around the £150-£160 mark. Dammit.
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:21
Regular
erm it is more likely the GC will eb released earlier over here rumoured Febuary!
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:11
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Sega should go away to their little Sega box in Japan and think, think long and very very hard and come up with a super console. It should feature a good selection of decent games at good prices, and the console should be the fastest, best graphics, and with Internet capabilities. This should all be at a fair price. This is what Sega need to think about, all hardware has to be cheap but amazing quality which is what you don’t see every day. Sega need to do the most thinking on when it should be released. It has to be timed so it will attract Sony fans from waiting for the PS3 and Nintendo fans waiting for Gamecube. (I hope this isn’t true but how long was Pd over its original release date?). Or Sega could go into making better arcade machines at better prices, I mean £1 of my hard earned cash is not worth a minute on House of the Dead is it now?
The prices of arcade games is ridiculous it should be like 20-50 pence, this would bring in the customers, 20p for a go on House of the Dead 2.... Me please!
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:51
Regular
SEGA are dead? Washed up! No more consoles from this might Japanese developer!
But let's just imagine if SEGA did re-enter the Hardware market!

How would they fair?

Due to the Dreamcast's failure millions are getting their mitts on it cheap and so many are playing the Console's games. Now these people love this Console and with more people getting it because of the price drop if they bring out a new console to coincide with the GameSphere, Y Box and Playstation 3 they may get much more support!

But what other advantage will they of gained by becoming a 3rd party developer and coming back to the hardware side of things? Well the Gamecube owners who enjoyed Sonic and Phantasy Star online would think maybe we should get a SEGA as those SEGA games I played on the GC were excellent. SEGA would of grabbed a few Playstation and Microsoft fans as well because they have now witnessed what SEGA can do.

This is a cunning idea and if the GC fails (which it won't) I suspect Nintendo would do the same whilst building up a new powerful system and draw opposing fans away from their console sounds like a good idea to me.

What do you think? Would this be a clever ploy by SEGA?

Dringo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.