GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conspiracy Theory"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 22:04
Regular
So Sega were the 1s 2 first bring out a propa colour portable console, very similiar, if only a bit primitive, to the GBA. It just so happens that around the time the new GBA woz revealed and developed Sega woz failin badly witht the dreamcast and rumours were rife that Sega had agreed to make games 4 enemies Nintendo. When this gets revealed the GBA comes out so wot if Sega were really behind the GBA, maybe they originally wanted to make an upgrade from the Game Gear but cud no longa finance it and Nintendo stepped in? Does any1 agree? Does any of this make sense? or is it a load of rubbish and I shud just go watch Big Brotha??
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:18
Yeah but the film was great
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:13
Does it matter coes we all know conspiracies are dumb. : )
Tue 17/07/01 at 01:07
Regular
"How Handy."
Hey wookie, come and have an egg fight! your fun aren't you? come down to Dan's thread about copiers.
Tue 17/07/01 at 01:05
"High polygon count"
I think the Game Gear was the first, in the mid-late 80's. It was ahand-held version of the 8-bit Master System.

The original Lynx design was bought by Commodore and underwent further development to become the Amiga, which was launched in 1985/6.

The designer (Jay Miner was it?) then went on to develop his original idea of 'the ultimate' handheld, which became the 16-bit, 4096-colour Lynx, which was released late 80's/early 90's.

The Lynx was a battery-hungry failure, but it did have one novel feature that no other handheld has had before or since... there was a switch to flip the screen display, so that the machine could be rotated 180 degrees, depending on whether you're left or right handed!
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:04
Didn't the 'Atari Lynx' come out before the Sega Gamegear?

I could be wrong, but if I'm not then:-

YA BOO SUCKS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have reserved you the right to attack me back if my information is in correct.
Tue 17/07/01 at 00:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SPAG!
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:37
Regular
"How Handy."
hmmmmm,

Yeah. They do look kinda similar don't they.

Whoooo!
Mon 16/07/01 at 22:04
So Sega were the 1s 2 first bring out a propa colour portable console, very similiar, if only a bit primitive, to the GBA. It just so happens that around the time the new GBA woz revealed and developed Sega woz failin badly witht the dreamcast and rumours were rife that Sega had agreed to make games 4 enemies Nintendo. When this gets revealed the GBA comes out so wot if Sega were really behind the GBA, maybe they originally wanted to make an upgrade from the Game Gear but cud no longa finance it and Nintendo stepped in? Does any1 agree? Does any of this make sense? or is it a load of rubbish and I shud just go watch Big Brotha??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.