GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vietcong - Stuck in Tunnels"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Vietcong'.
Mon 10/05/04 at 11:11
Regular
Can anyone help me? I'm stuck in some tunnels and can't find my way out!

I've managed to work out how to take out all the VC hiding in the tunnels but keep stumbling into a trap that I can't see that kills me every time.

I'm out of the little glow rods so I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheat or something to make the game lighter so that I might be able to see the trap?

I've been stuck in the same place for a week now and I'm on the verge of giving up entirely if I can't get through this particular section.

Thanks for any help,

Mahatatain.
Mon 10/05/04 at 14:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The best way to brighten up the game I've found, turn the brightness on your monitor up, or close your curtains, night time levels play better in the dark. The tunnels work fine with the flashlight though, but beware, there are some mission set outside in pitch black where the flashlight is useless. I spent many a time on those levels lost because I couldn't see a damn thing.
Mon 10/05/04 at 12:41
Regular
Doh! Major Screw up! I have a flashlight!

I had better check my control keys as I'm sure I couldn't find one previously!

You wouldn't believe how hard the tunnels are to do without a flashlight!

Thanks for the help,

Mahatatain. (who feels like a total idiot at present!)
Mon 10/05/04 at 12:33
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
lol, you do know you have a flashlight right ? ? ? rather than just throwing those pointless glowsticks. HOWEVER, on that particular mission, the glowsticks are helpfull to help you remember where you've been.

That mission is VERY tedious and they should have made the tunnels a bit bigger so you could at least run through them rather than walk. There is no real help I can offer as they're a maze. Just keep going and when you get to water, go through it cos I remember that water is near the exit.
Mon 10/05/04 at 11:48
Regular
Thanks for the suggestion Monkey Man - my problem is going to be lots of random grenade throwing and killing myself as I can't see the trap in the first place as it's pitch black in the tunnel!

Anyone know how to get more/some light?
Mon 10/05/04 at 11:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Most of the traps in the game can be set off and disabled by chucking a grenade near them.
Mon 10/05/04 at 11:11
Regular
Can anyone help me? I'm stuck in some tunnels and can't find my way out!

I've managed to work out how to take out all the VC hiding in the tunnels but keep stumbling into a trap that I can't see that kills me every time.

I'm out of the little glow rods so I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheat or something to make the game lighter so that I might be able to see the trap?

I've been stuck in the same place for a week now and I'm on the verge of giving up entirely if I can't get through this particular section.

Thanks for any help,

Mahatatain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.