GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Gamecube old already?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/05/04 at 19:48
Regular
I love the Gamecube, the best out of the three. However, I think it may be getting old already. I have looked in shops like Currys and Dixons and they don't sell Gamecube games, and my local game store has given the Gamecube games the "tiny shelf" (the one where the least favourite console games go). Someone please reassure me that Gamecube is still living, and will live long into the future!!!
Mon 10/05/04 at 19:48
Regular
I love the Gamecube, the best out of the three. However, I think it may be getting old already. I have looked in shops like Currys and Dixons and they don't sell Gamecube games, and my local game store has given the Gamecube games the "tiny shelf" (the one where the least favourite console games go). Someone please reassure me that Gamecube is still living, and will live long into the future!!!
Mon 10/05/04 at 19:55
Regular
Here's hoping E3 will be the semi-revival of the Gamecube (because it's not actually dead yet)
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
They don't sell Gamecube's because they are idiots. The thing doesn't sell well because of your pricing, you mongos.
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:48
"Majestic"
No room for Gamecubes, Xboxes take up all the space in thier shop. Yeah, thats why.
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:54
Regular
The Gamecube is a console for the younger gamer and the hardcore gamer.

GAME shops attract the PS2 gamer and Dixons and Currys sell to adult markets. Therefore it is places like Woolworths, Argos (to an extent) and Toys R Us that sell gamecube's to children.

The adult "hardcore" fanbase (us lot) mainly buy Gamecube products off of the Internet as we are that type of person (trying to avoid the phrase "geek").
Tue 11/05/04 at 02:44
Regular
The Gamecube is the newest console out in the UK, but it is getting on a bit. It's comparable to when... I got an N64. :-)
Two years after release, about 6 months after Zelda: OOT and 18 months after Goldeneye.

It's 5 years ago on Thursday (which was also a Thursday) when I got Mario 64, and two weeks earlier I got Goldeneye.

Now there was some useless information for you! :-)
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:18
Regular
I don't price Gamecubes AfroJoe, I buy the games.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, he was 'talking' to the shops.
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:32
Regular
": ("
The Cube hasn't even started, i used to have one (and im hoping to get one on my Birthday) and it is the only console that doesn't have alot of problems with disc read errors. And im definately sure it will last until Cube 2, Nintendo are supposed to be announcing a new add on for the Cube anyway which looks interesting.

By the way, the Cube is definately not for 'Geeks'.
Just people that dont care what console they have, as long as it has some good games and is cheap, i would never here a hardcore gamer think that. Hardcore gamers are the gamers that can afford Xbox Live, Xbox, Ps2, Cube and a Top quality PC especially for gaming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.