GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SC:PT Train level...... I AM SO STUCK!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 19:41
Regular
"8==="
At least I WOULD be saying that if the level wasn't so damn EASY!

Took me half an hour at the most.

*points and laughs at those who took 3 hours to do it*
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:14
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> The GoldenEye Train level... now that rocks. I always died at
> the end.

a great challenge is to stick the 'enemy rockets' cheat on, then try and finish this level on 00 Agent. im-freakin-possible.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:58
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Yeah, Hitman would reward you with a higher stealth rating depending
> on how many times you were seen, how many kills you made, how you
> killed someone and how long it took you to complete the mission, as
> well as providing many ways to do it. On SC, you can finish the
> level with one bar of health, killing as many enemies as you want,
> with no repurcussions, hence no replay value.

Depends how you play it. I play it where by if I get shot or seenI load back to the previous checkpoint, hence more replay value as when I complete it I know I have done it how it is meant to be played. All Hitman does is show stats at the end, the game can be played in exactly the same way.

With Splinter Cell you have to do the ranking etc yourself, you still get the same level of satisfaction just not a stats screen to go with it.
Fri 14/05/04 at 11:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed - the fact you don't get punished for being noisy except for guards (which are easy to kill) means the stealth value dissasapates.

If you had a rating system, I'd play it again.
Thu 13/05/04 at 11:07
Regular
The GoldenEye Train level... now that rocks. I always died at the end.
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:30
Regular
"8==="
Yeah it's like the 3rd level of Goldeneye (escaping on the runway), short and stunning but once cracked that's it.
Wed 12/05/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, Hitman would reward you with a higher stealth rating depending on how many times you were seen, how many kills you made, how you killed someone and how long it took you to complete the mission, as well as providing many ways to do it. On SC, you can finish the level with one bar of health, killing as many enemies as you want, with no repurcussions, hence no replay value.
Wed 12/05/04 at 12:24
Regular
Yeah, that level's really, really easy, a bit disappointing as it looked brilliant from videos. All of the level's are fairly easy, everytime I've died it's because I made one stupid mistyake and got caught by a guard, it's never because of a specially hard area.

I really like it, but I personally find it far too linear. Can't wait to get my hands on Contracts for some real stealth action.
Wed 12/05/04 at 12:14
Regular
I found the train level to be one of the dullest in the game, far too linear for my liking.

If all the levels were as good to play as the jungle and airport level then it would be one hell of a game, it was good but not THAT good.
Wed 12/05/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like this game a lot, but it's far too easy. Every level can be done almost first time, unless you make a really stupid mistake. That train level took ten minutes at the most. You just go forwards until you reach the point where you have to do the preset action, then you go forwards again until you have to press the 'talk' button. Then laser mic the bloke, then wait for them to leave, whistle to distract the other bloke, climb out the hatch and go home. That's it, nothing more. I do really like it, but sometimes there's almost no skill used at all...unless I've tapped some kind of natural skill...
Tue 11/05/04 at 21:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good level indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.