GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA:SA Screenshots"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Wed 12/05/04 at 10:06
Regular
"Selected"
The first ones I've seen, don't know if any of you have seen them:

[URL] http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/gta4/screenindex.html [/URL]

They do look good, only not what I expected. To be honest, I thought this next one was going to be the next big move, in terms of graphics at least. Instead the shots look like a well-polished vice city. Still, that doesn't detract from the fact that you can clearly see a drive-by going on plus some guy on a bicycle.

This is still gonna be gold.

What do we think?
Wed 12/05/04 at 18:00
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
It's looking okay, i'm not that impressed to be totally honest.
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:54
Regular
": ("
Yeah!

I saw a bike in one of the shots, will they be ridable?

Oh and did they tell anyone what features it would include or did they just show the pics?
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:37
Regular
Can't really see anything.

Apart from sunset, palm trees and pretty colours. Which got annoying in Vice City. Get back to gritty GTA3!
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:58
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The trails have been optional in both GTAIII and Vice City.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:36
Regular
": ("
awwww....I wanted to make a Thread about this, anyways, the screenshots look pretty detailed but it looks like tyhey're sticking with the trails.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
That first picture, there's something wrong .... bullets and muzzle flash, either that or they're thinking about pulling the triggers!

Still the pics look cool and this is yet another game to add to the must purchase of 2004 :)
Wed 12/05/04 at 12:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I quite like the look of it, and really looking forward to seeing it in action. Im not expecting a major overhaul of the last game, i expect this for the next gen console versions, but then thats no bad thing. I still find myself playing on the last two games ever today as they are both so playable.

Much of Vice City is good, so as long as they dont go backwards and mess something up, this should be good.

Saying that, im still looking forward to Driver 3 more than GTA at the moment.
Wed 12/05/04 at 12:34
Regular
This game was never supposed to be a leap in graphics technology or gameplay elements.

San Andreas, Vice City and GTA3 all use the same base game engine.

New vehicles etc. are easy for the game creators to implement in the engine, it's more a case of the artists getting them right.

GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are just different stories with exactly the same gameplay.

The only new things in this game will be weapons and vehicles, there will not be any new control system or graphicxcs system. Obviously some new features, but the GTA engine was already quite lush considering the vast landscapes on offer, reflective puddle sbeing a prime example.
Wed 12/05/04 at 12:02
Regular
Looks good. I just hope the sky isn't going to stay sunrise/sunset-coloured.

Roll on GTA:SA videos...
Wed 12/05/04 at 10:06
Regular
"Selected"
The first ones I've seen, don't know if any of you have seen them:

[URL] http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/gta4/screenindex.html [/URL]

They do look good, only not what I expected. To be honest, I thought this next one was going to be the next big move, in terms of graphics at least. Instead the shots look like a well-polished vice city. Still, that doesn't detract from the fact that you can clearly see a drive-by going on plus some guy on a bicycle.

This is still gonna be gold.

What do we think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.