GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Tennis"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Tennis'.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
Mario Tennis is looking absolutly lovely, I really can't wait to play this game considering how much I loved the N64 effort.

I've been looking at E3 this year, it is slightly sad to see Pokemon taking a back seat (bar the leaf green stuff but as we all know that's already out) but it's nice to see a completely adult-fied Nintendo, listening to consumers (my God!) and with the main hitters being Donkey Kong, Zelda and Mario.

Not to mention the long awaited fourth game in the Mario Brothers series we also get a return to the fantastic Mario 64 game. Mario Tennis as I've already said looks lush and the GBA title Mario Pinball is looking good fun to me. Not to mention 2 new additions to the party series.

Four Swords maybe at the event but what is getting all Nintendo fans talking is the ultra-realistic Zelda title. I wonder if it was Dyack's hint that meant Silicon Knights and Nintendo parted ways? We also get a new Zelda title for the GBA. Donkey Kong has resurfaced in an English Konga game, the Jungle Beat title... and is that 2 or 3 GBA games I see?

But I'm not to concentrate on Zelda or the DS in this post (although I'd love to comment on how fantastic Metroid Prime: Hunters for the DS looks (2 Prime games at E3, better believe it)) but instead what I'd like to call the games that are hidden. Geist and Starfox, as expected are back and looking as interesting as ever (I think Namco have just stuck one guy on Starfox considering how long it is taking), Geist apparently could do with a bit of fideling with the controls but reeks of promise.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, is the first totally new 2D DK game since RAre's infamous contry series on the SNES and the difference here being that you use those Konga Drums to control the character. Innovation is still at Nintendo's heart. Odama, a new weird pinaball title in a RTS world, is also set to use the Konga Drums.

Donkey Kong maybe leading the way for Nintendo's innovative ideas. Pikmin 2 is looking as lovely as ever.

Why do I feel like Nintendo are bombarding us with too much this year?

Should I complain?

Not a chance.

Dringo.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:58
Regular
I was quite dissapointed with the X-box Conker.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mario Tennis should be excellent. Although it is just looking pretty much the same as the N64 version but with updated graphics and a few extras, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, seeing as I loved the N64 original.

I'm interested in the 4-player feature in which everyone is in a scramble to hit the tennis balls towards the boxes on the other side of the court. Looks intruiging, and more importantly, looks bags of fun.

I want this badly.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:08
Regular
Yeah, I wqas a bit disappointed to see that it hasn't really improved much since last E3, but Conker makes up for that. Geist is also looking a lot more promising, graphics may be amazing but the concept seems more and mroe interesting.

And don't say Messiah did it all before, because until last year I'd never even heard of it, so it can't have been all that good. Geist looks like it could just pull this possession thing off, my only minor doutb at the moment is the difficulty.

Of course, I'd much rather have Half Life 2 on my Cube...
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:03
Regular
The video of Starfox from the conference looks awful.

It looks like a rubbish version of Jet FOrce Gemini with vehicles.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:01
Regular
Mario Tennis is looking a little too much like Mario Party 6 for me, it'll probably be great but it's not on my most wanted list. Zelda, Advance Wars: Under Fire, Mario Bros, Resi 4, Mario 64x4 and the DS itself are so far my highlights from the show, and there's still so much more to see.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Ah Mario Tennis. God damn that game was fun on the N64, much better than some sterile realistic tennis sim. I'm looking foward to the multiplayer fun of this one already.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
Mario Tennis is looking absolutly lovely, I really can't wait to play this game considering how much I loved the N64 effort.

I've been looking at E3 this year, it is slightly sad to see Pokemon taking a back seat (bar the leaf green stuff but as we all know that's already out) but it's nice to see a completely adult-fied Nintendo, listening to consumers (my God!) and with the main hitters being Donkey Kong, Zelda and Mario.

Not to mention the long awaited fourth game in the Mario Brothers series we also get a return to the fantastic Mario 64 game. Mario Tennis as I've already said looks lush and the GBA title Mario Pinball is looking good fun to me. Not to mention 2 new additions to the party series.

Four Swords maybe at the event but what is getting all Nintendo fans talking is the ultra-realistic Zelda title. I wonder if it was Dyack's hint that meant Silicon Knights and Nintendo parted ways? We also get a new Zelda title for the GBA. Donkey Kong has resurfaced in an English Konga game, the Jungle Beat title... and is that 2 or 3 GBA games I see?

But I'm not to concentrate on Zelda or the DS in this post (although I'd love to comment on how fantastic Metroid Prime: Hunters for the DS looks (2 Prime games at E3, better believe it)) but instead what I'd like to call the games that are hidden. Geist and Starfox, as expected are back and looking as interesting as ever (I think Namco have just stuck one guy on Starfox considering how long it is taking), Geist apparently could do with a bit of fideling with the controls but reeks of promise.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, is the first totally new 2D DK game since RAre's infamous contry series on the SNES and the difference here being that you use those Konga Drums to control the character. Innovation is still at Nintendo's heart. Odama, a new weird pinaball title in a RTS world, is also set to use the Konga Drums.

Donkey Kong maybe leading the way for Nintendo's innovative ideas. Pikmin 2 is looking as lovely as ever.

Why do I feel like Nintendo are bombarding us with too much this year?

Should I complain?

Not a chance.

Dringo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.